Why I'm I so heartbroken again 😭?

My ex told me last week that he feels he's holding me back in life and wants me to be happy. We've been broken up for almost two years, it was his choice. From the start he wanted to remain friends, but I told him I couldn't. But he continued to contact me on and off for these past two years.

so when he said he is holding me back I told me that maybe if we weren't talking then maybe we'd both be with someone else by now. He told me he still loved me. I told him maybe we shouldn't talk anymore more, and he said "I wouldn't take it that far." Then we hung up and he immediately texted saying "hey you I'm sorry" but I didn't respond. The next day he texts me asking about my day like nothing happened, but now I haven't heard from him in a week. I'm just sad cause I feel like it's goodbye 😢

21
Sponsored

What Guys Said 1

• It's been goodbye for two years already. The cord should have been cut between you two longtime ago. Good for you for not responding. Block him and heal so you can move on.

What Girls Said 2

• Why didn't you respond to him at first place?

• I think it's because I was still upset from the conversation, but when he text me the next day I did respond and we texted back and forth for a couple hours.

• I know this is so hard but maybe he is right. It will take time maybe a couple more years but you are going to fall in love all over again but you can only fall in love all over again with someone else if you let him go. You two will never be together again, god has made that clear. U both want to move on, and you've done the right thing by ignoring him. U need to pretend he doesn't exist because otherwise you are still going to pine over him. He might've been amazing but he is not the one for you. He genuinely wants what is best for you and that is love. Take his love and trust his word and go out there and be the best you can be. Take a couple of years to urself, then when you think you're finally over him you can date again and then u will be with someone else and won't even remember this pain of goodbye. I promise u it's for the best