My emotionally abusive boyfriend left me to go be good to some other girl?

I loved him to death and he did have some good in him, but overall he was an abusive manipulator. He cheated on me during the year we were together, he called me names 24/7, treated me like absolute garbage. I did so much for him, I never argued with him about anything and I really was good to him. He even told me that I deserve better but he stayed because he loves me and I let him stay. He was talking to this girl behind my back for the past three months and started to like her. She had no idea about me because he said we've been broken up for months but in reality he's been with me at my house every single night. All of a sudden he broke up with me and cut me off completely and I found out about this girl. I personally messaged her and warned her about him and how he was talking to her while we were still together. He said I ruined his chance at happiness and that he really likes her. I helped him financially when he needed it, when his car broke down and he needed rides, I took him out to eat, I provided a shoulder to cry on because I was the only person their for him, I always made sure he was sexually satisfied, all his friends usually bail on him to hang out and I would always be there to keep him company, we had good times together we really did. I went out of my way for him all the time and he couldn't stay faithful. His own friends told me to leave him because he was very abusive towards me and saw that I wasn't doing anything to deserve this. He took advantage of the love I had to give and left me for someone else. he really did love me in some way despite the way he acted I know he did. How could he just leave me and everything we've been through for someone else? I'm really hurt over this. I know i should be happy because he didn't treat me how I should be but the good part of him was really great and that's what made me love him so much.

Most Helpful Guy

• A good friend of mine gave me the best analogy in the world I've ever heard - you shouldn't set yourself on fire to keep someone else warm. This guy was abusive, by your own admission. It hurts to be rejected, no matter the circumstance, but we're about to turn a new year. See it as a chance to start over, and choose someone who won't be that way to you.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 5

• I think you hit it on the nail. He was an abusive person towards you overall but it seems there was something about him you couldn't rationalize to leave. You aren't the only one. I've heard this story too many times. He took advantage and exploited your weaknesses knowing you wouldn't leave him. I think what you should be doing is working on yourself because it's insecurities and lack of self confidence that are the main driving factors guys like him look to take advantage of.

• If he wasn't good to you then he's not going to be good to some other girl because abusive partners usually don't change their ways.

• Well you are stupid AF for loving such an idiot , but i don't blame him for taking advantage of you , cause you were blinded by an emotion that compulse human kind to reproduce. What you need for a relationship to work is self respect and respect. You clearly had respect for him and he didn't had for you ! making you also not have self respect because you allowed this to happen. So RESPECT ! Is the answer remeber that. Now semd some nudes...

• You seem to have a great taste in men

• Women love assholes.

What Girls Said 0