Why did my ex leave me?

So basically, me and my ex had a perfect relationship (or so I thought), we got along so well, he'd always be the one to invite me over, constantly showered me with compliments, was very protective over me and got jealous if I'd even look at another boy. Because he's very affectionate and I'm not so much, I didn't always want to be with him 24/7 (because I'm 17 and I'm busy with school and friends) but I always made it clear that I appreciated him. Anyway one day he just seemed to stop trying, he'd still say how beautiful and smart and funny I was but it was kind of like he admired me rather than was in love with me. He started saying he didn't know what love was, and then he pulled away. On the one hand, I knew it was coming but it came as a big shock when he ended things so abruptly because he always said that he would never find a girl as good as me. We were at a party around 1 month after we broke up and he stil said I was the prettiest girl there. His reason for breaking up was that he just doesn't feel like he has enough feelings to continue, but if I didn't do anything wrong and there's no other girl and he still admires me for being funny smart pretty etc then why the hell did he go all distance on me? Do boys just run away from a good girl like this? Will he ever come around? I miss him terribly

Most Helpful Guy

• If one person puts in more effort in relationship than the other then it will fail.

.

Most Helpful Girl

• My ex did something similar to this to me. I just moved on though, there's no point pining over someone who doesn't want you. You can do much better than him. Keep yourself busy and you'll be ok.

What Guys Said 3

• He might be in an ambiguity too. But definitely he didn't see future with you.

• It will be nice :)

• people sometimes drift apart, fall out of love it's just a thing that happens

What Girls Said 0