How to get over someone but not pull away entirely?

I need to get over someone, but I can't entirely pull away because he's friends with my best friend and it'll be awkward.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• That is way too hard to do but try to become a little colder inside, it sounds sweird i know, but coldness helps otherwise whenever you see him old flames with be lit again, try having a blank mind when you meet him and neutral expression on face, otherwise it is way to hard to face someone like that

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• despite the awkwardness, you might end up finding that pulling away is the best course of action. Explain the situation to your best friend and why you can't be around that other person that they're also friends with. Your best friend will understand and will help you as well. If seeing that person while you are trying to get over them will just be total torture for you, then you may have to be distant from them for a while until you can face them again.
    Keep yourself busy, get a hobby or find new interests, if you like working out and haven't done it in a bit then go do that, go out and meet new people, etc.
    Go and live life because contrary to what the die hard romantics think, life doesn't stop even when you have a broken heart.

0|0
    0|0

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• "Awkward" what the fuck is up with people and awkward? It's only awkward because YOU make it seem like it is, it's all in your head. Peel it like a bandage and call it a day, stressing about something like this is stupid.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Don't initiate contact but if you are contacted by him, act normal.

0|0
    0|0