Why is commitment a bad thing?

He broke up with me after a two year relationship, saying he's graduating soon and he doesn't know where he will be in a year. What does that have to do with me? Why is that something we could have just worked through? Why go through two years with someone if you didn't want to commit? I'm just confused, this all came out of nowhere and I need some advice.

What Guys Said 2

• he did commit, for two years you guys had a relationship lots of sex and support etc.. all the stuff that comes with a commitment.

• he ended things so harsh, we were fine a week ago, and now everything broke apart. I don't know how you can go from two years with someone to just saying bye like that

• He let you down easy - he basically is saying he's ready to move on without you.

• Yet he dragged me through two years of a relationship, what was the point of that?

• He changed his mind and realized he doesn't see himself with you anymore. After two years people change

• We've been on a break before and gotten back together, we've been through a lot together, what was the point of wasted time?

What Girls Said 1

• I don't think this guy loved you enough during the last 2 years. Maybe he was loving you at first but the feelings fade away with time. It's something that happens. He might be confused about his studies and stuff but I don't think if he really loved you, he will let you down that easy.

• I don't understand, we were fine a few days ago. This all came out of nowhere, I'm hurt and feel awful...

• I totally understand your situation. Actually I am in the safe situation and it's getting complicated, I don't know what to do. But I advice you to give it more time and space. Let him get things clear in his mind, wish you the best of luck. Always remember the best is yet to come.