How can I distress from my relationship problem?

Long story short, I've been speaking to a girl for a weeks and we've been on 4 dates, I thought it would be nice to get a her a little ring (it cost £40.00) as it was Christmas. In hindsight I see I was a complete moron for doing. She now is having second thoughts and says she needs time to think about wether or not she wants a relationship and wants to slow things down. I've spoke to her about it and things seem okay but I'm waiting for a reply to come tomorrow about whether or not she wants to keep seeing me. I'm pretty stressed out and embarrassed (I got her a ring for fuck sake and I'm sure her and her friends now think I'm a freak) and can't sleep. Any advice?

Sponsored

What Girls Said 1

• It happens :(

What Guys Said 2

• Honestly, I'd probably stop seeing her. Why would you want to be with a girl who doesn't appreciate what you put in? Yea it might have been a bit much a bit too soon, but if she actually really liked you she would be ecstatic to get it whether it was 4 weeks in or months down the road. She doesn't really like and is probably just seeing you because there's no better options out there, hence why she's thinking of breaking it off. Wouldn't you rather be seeing a girl who really liked you and not some girl who was just trying to fill a void in her life? Sorry buddy, but this is the truth.

• What kind of ring was it?