Should I delete this person?

Nearly 4 years ago I met a guy online. At the beginning we'd talk on Skype (almost everyday) Thing is, he never wanted to turn on his cam. I know, sounds weird. He isn't a catfish though. I kinda know what he looks like (he did send me some pictures on Snapchat and they were real) So after the first 6 months of knowing each other, he wanted to delete me. When I met him I was 16 years old. (He's 10 years older) He felt like it was wrong to chat with me a stranger, and an underaged girl. Little did he know that I kinda developped a crush on him. I was heartbroken that he left. I used to talk to this person everyday for 6 months. After a few weeks, he came back because he missed me too. He never said he was in love with me or so. But that's okay.

So now we're 3 years further and in June he left once again. A few days ago he added me back. Telling me he was sorry and that it won't happen again. I really care about him but I don't know what to do anymore. We've been talking for such a long time, i don't consider him as just an internet friend. It did hurt when he left. He doesn't want to turn his cam on, he lives like 60km away from me and still refuses to meet me. coz that would be 'weird'. What do you think I should do? In some way I love him and I care about him. But i'm scared to get hurt again. Should I delete him?

22

Most Helpful Guy

• I've done stuff like this before. I'm not sure what he's thinking, but I think you should maintain contact.

If I had to guess, maybe he's trying to move on from you but can't or he maybe has some mental health issues or some other issues he's fighting when he's not talking to you.

I would just accept that at some point he'll just disappear and come back months later.

• If he's 29 now, pretty soon he'll be looking to marry someone. If you still love him at that time, just keep talking to him and you're the natural choice.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd say I'm not sure, if you want to meet him, make him turn on webcam first before you guys meet up for real, if he eventually wants to

What Guys Said 1

• I think you should let him go. The relationship is so wrong from the beginning. I know sometimes we need to talk to someone from outside our world so you can speak freely but the way he is leaving and coming back is so annoying. Have you asked yourself why he is interested in you with +10 years difference? I don't know but I believe you should block him and never talk to him again. Life is full of good guys.

What Girls Said 1

• Yes. Cam is very important Before you fall pls cam him