How do I get over someone I love?

I can't stop thinking about him, and it's been months. Sometimes when I'm bored I even get the urge to message him , what can I do?

he's cheated before so sometimes I think of that to help me get put off by him

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm sorry he hurt so much you might try to keep yourself busy or look for another guy if you think you're up for it and also just realize if he cheated on you and now here you are without him he obviously wasn't right for you.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm in the same boat girl except he was never my boyfriend just extremely close. I have sent him messages but I've told myself the NYE one was the last. I just wished him the best basically.

My advice would be Imagine yourself moving on and how great it would feel. Like close your eyes and visualise moving on, get a hobby, keep yourself busy, try not to look back (i struggle every day) and if u feel like your ready start thinking of a new guy to attract into your life what you would want him to be like and girl go out dating like I felt so good when I started dating again even though he didn't go on another date with me it was a good date and I'm more confident for another date with another guy. Lastly just focus on yourself and your goals I love to write out a list and tick them off to me improving myself and my life makes me happier than any guy ever good. Hope some of this helps and good luck chick

Sponsored

What Guys Said 3

• The first thing to do is realize that it is over and remove all trace of him and get rid of all his numbers and social media accounts. Then just take it one day at a time until your fully over him and can start dating again. Please do not go back to a cheater. A lot of us will garentee that they will cheat on you again

• Cut off all contact that means erase his number, block his facebook, etc. It will take time especially if he was the first guy you ever loved. Trust me I spent a year thinking about a girl before it will leave you questioning things like ever being able to find someone like them again. You have to think though, it didn't work for a reason. If he cheated on you than that is something you can think about but the pain will still be there.

• You masturbate to some other guy and time will heal wounds.

What Girls Said 15

• Dont contact him. He is really sorry and wants to change for you he will contact you and express remorse not wait for you to contact him begging. Just think that if you contact, it will seem that your okay with him cheating on you and he will be more than likely to do it again. Going through a heartbreak is never easy. Let me the first to tell you. But you can use this time to figure out the red flags in the beginning and ways to not overlook the signs of a cheater in the beginning. Also you can read articles and talk to different women to get their insight on how they overcame a cheating spouse or boyfriend. Its good to talk to people who are going through the same things as you, it will be uplift and encourage your spirits.

• You don't.
    If you truly love someone unconditionally, that love never fades.

• This has happened to me before, so I know exactly where you're coming from. First you should know, He doesn't deserve your thoughts. Your way too good for him. You need to remember this. I would delete his number, so you can't ever give into this urge. I've learned another thing that helps is looking up quotes about letting him go, finally over him ( even if your not) That kind of thing. I know it sounds kinda cheesy but it works. Exercise is another way to get your mind off of him, set some fitness goals and get to work! You'll feel great about yourself and not to mention you'll be in better shape than ever! You could also go to your friends for support, just hang with them have fun you know? Talk to them when you especially miss him and they'll be there for you and they'll help you get your mind off of him. Eventually you will get over him, and trust me it'll be the best feeling in the world. :)

• Burn your bridges, cut all me and of contact. It's the only way to fully let go and move on from someone. If you remove all traces of a person from your life it stops feeding your memories so feelings start to fade

• Look for another man, it's your best distraction

• Don't go back to a cheater ever. Whhats happened has happened. Now you must forgive and move on. Find a hobby something that you love and keeps you busy =) love will go away in its own don't force it. Then you'll remember it more

• I went through this myself. There is no real thing to do to help you. I deleted my ex from all social media, deleted his number, deleted/threw away all my pictures and stuff he gave me. I wanted to reminder of him. Then, stay busy. Find friends that keep you busy and then once you are ready, you will move on.

• Yeah it sounds bad but the more you think of the bad things, annoying things, etc the more you can try get over them. They weren't perfect in many ways

And try and occupy yourself with everything and anything. Busy people don't have time to miss.

• it'll be hard but you'll have to move on , you only live once. live happily and make him regret. best of luck 😊.

• Forget him then their are plenty of fish in the sea find a guy that would have you not to look in the sea for no more fish and keeps your mind off of any guy

• Same thing happen.. After a year I got over it :) you can do it too.. Get yourself busy.. I further study and slowly I have no time to think of him :)

• Block, delete and avoid him like aids, when you are happier without him he will come crawling.

• if u think about him even when u think how to forget him u will remember more so make ur mind bust with other things...

• Just have to give it time. Unfortunately there's no short cut

• Get on someone else it will be the only way