How much space do you give someone that tells you they need space? Days, weeks?

We "broke up" but he still hasn't deleted our relationship status or his picture of us and he's constantly on social media. We've been together two years and we took a break last year for about a month and he was the one who wanted to get back together. So I'm confused. Give him space? Just move on?

14

Most Helpful Guy

• you have to give him like... an ethernity. yea i know it's hard. but when someone asks for space, it's not so they can think at some stuff. you are supposed to go through anything together. it's because they don't feel so attracted to you anymore and they question that in their head because they know it was something that they liked at you when they met you. don't give him the chance to play with you whenever he wants. be confident in yourself. allow yourself to date other guys while you "give him space". BUT if it's something you know for sure he has to think about, help him out. talk with him. otherways if you give him the space he asked for, you kinda allow him to go away from you and come back whenever he wants, and that's not something you want. (i guess)

Most Helpful Girl

• Should talk about it with him.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 3

• Yes, give them light years of space. Time to move on. He likely wants to play the field, so to speak. Or you're just not that interesting.
    What exactly do you bring to a relationship that is of value? What makes you a 'catch'? Him? You two are so nonchalant, there's just no high level of passion. Meh.

• give space, if he thought it was over he would have deleted everything, he still keeps you somewhere in his heart and will realize it after some time... a month maybe two

• Give him space. It seems like both of you need it. Like another poster said it seems very nonchalant. As hard as it can be, I would say at least 30 days but it really varies on the relationship. My girlfriend and I broke up 2 and a half months ago. We recently reconnected but she still wants space. I love her and am willing to give her space but told her flat out I might not be here when she figures it out. If you truly love him you need to fight for it and evaluate what you both want.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!