Tips on how to stop obsessing over someone?

Just wanting so ideas on how to stop obsessing over someone who doesn't want the same thing as me. I keep having hope that it will work out, but need some ideas to remind me that it never will.

I've tried making a list of all the things I don't like about him, and occupying myself with other things/activities/people.

This probably doesn't make any sense! Sorry haha.

21

What Guys Said 1

• i think your the problem here if your forgetting he doesn't want you, no point going for someone whos feelings aren't mutual, there's plenty who will love you! just gotta find them!

What Girls Said 2

• This is what I would do:
    - Don’t “stalk” him on social media
    -Spend time with other guys/ friends/ amily
    - Distract yourself: get a hobby, read books, etc.
    - Remind yourself of his flaws
    - Shut off all communication

• I totally understand where you are coming from.. I'm in the same situation. I notice though that if I cut back on my communication with him, he reaches out more. I have been doing what you do , I think of all the things I don't like about him or I think of reasons why it won't work for us. That seems to kind of help me and I am trying to not text back right away too. Its so hard though to move on.