How can she just forget?

I broke up with my ex girlfriend because I didn't see a future with her. She didn't take it very well. I broke her heart. I tried being friends yet she pushed me away. Now it's been almost a year.

And she still acts like we never happened and I am just another stranger. I ran into her recently and she past by me like I was a complete stranger. Than I had a friend run into her that knew her. And she acted the same way. Like she didn't know him.

Why?

Most Helpful Guy

• That's normal. Your just another stranger in the world to her. When you break up with someone a lot of people have to completely cut all emotional attachments or connections to the person they dated.

What Guys Said 1

• cuz she's over it and just don't care about talking to you or your friends

What Girls Said 3

• Whether a break up was "right" or "wrong" many times it's still very hard to get over. She respected your decision to break up with her. So i think she appreciate if you could respect how she is handling your break up. She is probably protecting herself from getting hurt. Even though there was no future the past was and always will be real and there.

• Cause YOU broke her heart, we don't just get over that

• I'm not the first person to break her heart. I was good to her.

• Maybe but you were the one to end things. There's always some bitterness there

• Maybe out of all the people she ever loved, she loved you most. So the heartbreak was more devastating.