Does everyone feel like this after a relationship ends?

I just feel like shit. Like there isn't anyone else that would be interested in me, and that i won't find anyone else. Im not trying to pout, I'm just curious if a lot of people feel this way after splitting up with someone. Or am i just overthinking it?

411

Most Helpful Girl

• It's natural to feel that way. I'm an independent person and adaptable , I adapt quickly , but after a relationship ends I still feel like shit for a while. I cry "buckets" at first.

No one wants a relationship to fail. Plus, you feel a sense of loss after a breakup, and rebuilding your life can be a daunting thought. Even those who've just came out of an abusive toxic relationship can still feel sad or like shit after the relationship ends. It takes time to get used to the idea that person is no longer part of your life anymore

• i feel like I'm too shy to go up and try to talk to other girls though, thats my problem.

Most Helpful Guy

• Its been a month for me man. I feel that way, but less. I've been working out and traveling to a couple states, drinking, smoking, snowboarding, reading. Just stay busy man. Do whatever you need to do to avoid thinking about her. Mornings are so hard, I know, but you need to just get up and go on about your day, dont lay there and think about her. Hang with old friends, make new connections, try to actually take a liking to everybody you talk to. Just keep pushing bro. I know its hard. Its so hard. But you can only move forward.

What Girls Said 3

• I'm the opposite and would think I wouldn't find another person as interested in like I was with them, depending on how we ended.

• You're just thinking in the moment. There'll be more people interested in you, and vice versa

• i feel better to get rid of the toxic relationship

What Guys Said 10

• Yeah, of course they do. Lots of people find breakups hard, the only ones who don't didn't really care about the relationship in the first place. Of course there will be other people interested in you, your previous partner wasn't some special person who is the only one in the world who would be interested in you. You've got to focus on yourself, self improvement, develop some confidence, put yourself out there, starting meeting new people and get back into things. You'll get over it with time.

• It’s normal, and feel many conflicting emotions, including anger, resentment, sadness, relief, fear, and confusion. It’s important to identify and acknowledge these feelings. While these emotions will often be painful, trying to suppress or ignore them will only prolong the grieving process.

• I definitely felt that way when my ex-girlfriend broke up with me about four years ago. It's totally normal.

That said, I may not have been wrong. Thus far I haven't been able to find anyone else. That's a happy thought.

• have u been looking?

• damn, that seems confusing.

• Haha, to say the least. But you'll find someone, OP! My problem was I gained a lot of weight about a year ago and it still haunts me. About a year and a half ago, I mean I didn't have women knocking down my door, but there were a few interested. You'll be alright, man.

• It's called heartbreak for a reason. And it's real.
    Go work out, a long walk, ride a bike - anything physical. It will take your mind off it and ease the pain. Let you see some light at the end of the tunnel.
    And yes, it gets better. The horrible feeling goes away. You have to replace the hole with something else. So make it something worthwhile.

• It happens, and it's normal. It's worse if the relationship was long term, and/or the break was unexpected. You'll get past it, I promise.

• nope, that's normal

• Most people feel like that after a relationship ends, yes

• Try not ever having been in a relationship bud.

• That's how I felt and I finally got over it. It just takes time

• I feel exactly the same. My ex girlfriend of 5 years left for my best friend 9 months ago. It still hurts a lot and although I have been on dates you just don't feel the confidence that you used to have. It does improve over time but I think it naturally knocks you sideways until your over it.