Do you believe in "once a cheater always a cheater"?

Most Helpful Guy

• Not anymore than once a thief, always a thief, or once a liar, always a liar, or once a coward, always a coward, or once overweight, always overweight.

Most Helpful Girl

• I believe some people can cheat in a weak moment, feel full of remorse afterwards, and vow to never cheat again, but.. once a person cheats that will always be their potential. I'd never date a guy who'd cheated in the past and I'd never forgive any kind of betrayal.

Some people who are in love are still capable of cheating because people who cheat are weak. They lack willpower and have no self-control over their desires and emotions. So when faced with a weak vulnerable moment.. opportunity will control their loyalty.

So I do believe people who cheat , will cheat again if their circumstances or a situation arises where they feel vulnerable. They'll reason on and justify why they cheated to make it acceptable, or to ease their burden of guilt after the fact

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 21

• I mean there's always exceptions, but I do believe that once a cheater on a particular person, always a cheater on that particular person.

• I don't believe in this phrase. A person has an ability to cheat. And that person also has an ability to mend his old ways and be good. In a way everyone cheats some time or the other. But cheating in a relationship is what bothers most people. Cheating as a part of corruption and money earning way doesn't bother anyone much except a few.

• I believe in "once something always something".
    If people could change psychologists would have hell of a lot easier job.
    But they can't, your personality and behavioral phenotype remain constant.
    You can try to restrain yourself from being an asshole, but you will never get rid of your personality which will always want you to be an asshole.

• There are two kinds of cheaters in my opinion:

1.) The people who just did something stupid and are still capable of committed relationships.

2.) The people who just aren't cut out for monogamy so when they try to be committed to someone it just goes all downhill from there.

So it depends on what kind you're talking about.

• No, but that doesn't mean I'm willing to risk being with someone who used to cheat in the past.

• Fuck yea! Once you cheat, don't bother looking or talking to that person again, they owe honesty at that point, that's slapping that person in the face very hardly, or spitting on someone's grave. Once a cheater, always a cheater!

• no, people can change (our whole juridical system is based on that) BUT the trust is gone and gaining that back can be really difficult.

• Yes Yes

• yes...

• No. I believe some people really can regret what they did and change for the better

• well not ALWAYS but i do believe there is a higher chance for a cheater to cheat more frequently yeah

• Yes. Past behavior is a predictor of future behavior... whether it's cheating, keeping a job, going to classes, driving fast... what you've done, you will be inclined to do again

• Yes, I've always said that once a cheater always a cheater.

• yes.

• Of course not. People can make mistakes and change

• For sure

• Always!

• No, I think it's possible for people to change.

• I believe that once someone has cheated in a particular relationship, then they will always be a cheater in regards to that relationship. I don't believe that if someone has cheated one time in the past that they will always be someone that ends up cheating. People can and do change. With that said, change must come from within. No one can make that person change. One cannot change a cheater into someone faithful. Only the cheater can make that change.

• people can change

• I use to cheat all the time but I haven't in the last 5 years

What Girls Said 21

• No.. There is no constant self. We are ever changing and will not stop changing. What we change in ourselves however varies greatly. Though its important to point out that no matter how much we will it, we cannot change another person only ourselves.

• Usually yes. Butttttttttt people can change. Not likely but can

• Nope.

But trust has to be earned, and if someone burned me, that would be all but impossible to do.

• i do. cause im part of women's community and i heard a lot of husband cheated on their wives. yeah for me cheater will always be a cheater, because when you bit that sinful apple its already inside your system. you can have a break but in coming days or months or years. you will find again that sinful apple and you are ready to take a bite again

• No. People can change, despite popular opinion.

• Pretty much.

• yes... if you cheat on me once, what is to stop you from cheating again, just yomore careful next time so I dont catch you.

Plus, if a guy wants to have sex with you before marriage, what is to stop him from having sex with someone else after you get married? I personally don't know and it scares me that someone who says they love you, would go behind your back and cheat on you with some other woman.

• Yes.

• It depends. People can change but if they are known for cheating, he will probably cheat again. If he only cheated once he might not do it again. It really depends on the situation. But, he can change. How long ago was it?

• Yes! The nxt tym they cheat, they'll just make sure they act smart and not let u know anyway.

• Yes I do. If you were a cheating pig once, you'll probs do it again. Sry not sry.

• Yes that's true but I guess it's rare if someone cheats once then decides to never make that mistake again.

• People can change and the fact they someone did something bad in the past doesn't mean he will do it again in the future. If the person has cheated many times though the cha n ces that he'll do it again are a lot higher

• Yeah I do believe that but then I believe some people learn the lesson and change from you lost what you had...

• From personal experience, yes. And 9 out of 10 times it's because of what's not right in THEIR head and not anything you did or didn't do.

• Yes because it's true

• Hell to the motherfucking yeah once a cheater always a cheater

• yeah i beleive it

• Lowkey, yes. In my experience, cheating becomes an addiction. In my opinion, people who cheat shouldn't be in relationships. If you need multiple sex partners, dont date just fuck around.

• Not really. One action can't define a person. People are allowed to change. If its a constant reoccurance then yes

• Yes
    They might not meet another person who make them want to cheat again
    But if they have chance, they always cheat again