Would you ever 'ghost' an ex if you wanted them back?

Say you broke up and it was sort of mutual however one wants to be friends but deep down you wanted them back, would you ghost them?

Why?

How long would you ghost for?

• Yes
    17%(6)27%(18)Vote38%(12)
  • No
    83%(29)73%(49)Vote62%(20)
Select a gender to cast your vote:

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope if I wanted her back ghosting isn't the mart way.

What Guys Said 9

• Ghosting means you're done and you don't want to hurt their feelings. Time to move on.
    If someone is truly interested in another then they'll engage them, interact with them. Ghosting is ignoring, and that is indifference. People don't necessarily hate another, they just don't want any more interaction. THEY ARE DONE.

• Girls usually want to friends with exes to use them when they need help, as a back up guy, to keep tabs on them in case they become success or to see if the next girl is better than them. Guys dont really ghost they just put their effort and time into other things and girls. Many girls seem to think that being friends with an ex means they will be there as before the breakup with support and help whenever they want or need it with nothing in return. (Not necessarily sex in return)

• How is that going to help... most instances they;re going to delete you for it and totally bail ruining all chances of getting back.

• If she's an ex, there's a good reason for that. Thus wanting her back? Low probability.

• No if I wanted them back they would know I ghost them when I don't want to contact them again

• I would ghost them for fun.

• If you want him back go tell him. Ghosting is best when wanting to avoid someone.

• I'm actually in a situation like that.

I fucked up, I made a mistake. I want my ex back.

but she keeps ignoring me.

Now I am ghosting her, hoping she comes after me.

• How long have you been ghosting for?

• @ihateheroicleishin I was always working and I neglected her. Also I didn't really want a relationship because I was stupid and took her for granted anyway. Then when she was gone.. I never missed somebody so much.

• Yeah guys say women are overly emotional but we are more self aware this is classic. see if a chick screws up she realizes right away but it takes a guy forever and by that time she's almost always moved on.

• nope, i wouldn't

What Girls Said 8

• I don't understand how you can ghost an ex...

• no for me. for me ex is already a past. i always look forward to the future than looking back to the past. i want something new less drama and less heart ache

• I've ghosted an ex after we had broken up, but it wasn't to get the back. He broke up with me, but kept coming back and I was tired of getting hurt, so I blocked him from everything. Don't know if that is considered ghosting, but I just ignored everything he said after he broke up with me. Oh, and I did this because we had broken up twice before and I realized nothing was ever going to change.

• no i wouldn't do that if i want him back

• I don't know if I'd ever ghost them even if I didn't want them back

• How would that be useful to get him back? xD

• If they wanna be friends, dont know that ghosting on them would make a difference.

• No I wouldn't.