Guys, if you broke up with a girl, would you unfriended her on Facebook?

My boyfriend broke up with me last weekend as he said we were moving too fast and it put him off. He still has me on Facebook though he has me restricted now. He hasn't deleted the life event of us being in a relationship, the status about me being the best girlfriend ever or anything else we've been tagged in. Am I reading too much into this? I would like to give us another go?

14

Most Helpful Guy

• well my girlfriend didn't change her profile pic of us together until we had been broken up for 2.5months and she definitely did not want to get back together. Do yourself a giant favor and accept that it's over and concentrate on your new life where he has zero part in it.

• I was wondering that too! I don't want to unfriend him either. His mum still has me on Facebook too. I do want to text him and ask if we can give it one more go. Sort of like a last chance shot before I walk away from trying.

• No it doesn't. He wants to move on from you. You should completely cross him out of your life like he's doing with you. He knows how you feel about him and he knows he can get you back if he tried. He's not trying because he no longer wants you. I'm sorry if that's harsh, but it's true. He's the only one that can change his mind and if he ever does he will reach out to you. However, the chances of that happening are tiny. Sorry, but it's best to be brutally honest in situations like this.

• I thought maybe cos he had said "for now" then there is a possibility of us talking in he future even as mates. I just wish I'd knew about his plans to move while we were together but he never told me. Instead constantly talked about the future with me. I feel like I was sold down the river big time.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 3

• no. social Relationship never ends no matter personal relationship has ended. you can be friends in future.

• I'm glad he hasn't unfriended me. I'm hoping he will take the restriction off at some point.

• @Sapioit his mum collected his things from me and handed my stuff over. Said he is moving to Liverpool as he misses his mates. Maybe we'll be in contact someday but I won't hold my breath!

• Looks like you have no choice but move on. Good luck! You might need it...

• Of course I would. Why would I keep someone I broke up with on facebook?

• See? That's what I thought! He has taken other exes straight off Facebook but he's kept me on.

• @Sapioit I know he doesn't really like Ireland but I still want to try and make it work wherever he is

• Have you discussed that with him?

• If you want them out of your life you would erase them.

What Girls Said 1

• I think you're reading too much into it. Unless the relationship ended in a messy or ugly way I haven't removed my ex's or went through and deleted posts about them. Who has time for that?
    Accept that he has ended the relationship, if he wants to try again he will let you know.

• It didn't end the greatest of I'm honest. He attempted to ghost me and not reply to me at all until I text him and told him I want to know what's going on. That's when he told me it had moved too fast, put him off and he's planning on moving to Edinburgh. He's taken his other exes off Facebook. I'd like to send him one last message asking for one last shot just to see and then least I know I've tried.

• It's subjective though... while you felt it was going well and amazing he may have felt differently. People don't end relationships for no reason, and when it happens it's painful and sad. But their choice should be respected

• He actually told me he loved me the day before he went quiet. Said it was ok for me to leave things at his house. Was perfectly fine with me. Nothing seemed different at all.