So why would a guy actually "respects and understands" when the girl walks away due to a heartbreak?

Is it because he doesn't really give a shit about it to begin with?

Most Helpful Guy

• Wait, you walk away and you expect the guy to chase you when you clearly stated you want to walk away? What kind of nonsense is that.

• LOL. But no, he seems he didn't know wth he wants but for sure he wanted to keep in touch as friendsz

It hurt too much to be just friends and so I said I couldn't do it, take care. Bye

He responded "i respect and I understand that. All the best"

• Well, he admitted he doesn't have his shit together. So he's either pretending or he doesn't want to hurt you with his problems. Either way you suggested to cut off ties, so at least he's respecting that, he could have just played mind games with you, don't you think?

• Yes you're right. When he said he had depression, I said I am willing to help if any consolation, he thanked me and said he really appreciates that and shared more of his encounters..

After talking back and forth I was reminiscing how this is just now what I want! I cut it off... and he was fine with it also.

That's when it threw me off.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's because he respects her and doesn't want to force her into something she clearly doesn't want, or isn't ready for. He's being a good guy, chill.

• But then why let her walk away.
      You think he will reach out to her at some point

• @RJGraveyTrain, you are a goddess and right. Not to be a bumper made of flesh kisser

• @El_Muffidore Hahaha thank you very much.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 4

• that could possibly be it

• And what are the other possibilities

• he acknowledges this is the point of no return, accepts it and moves on.

• Or, he you know, really respects and understands... He might be more mature than the girl who, from the way the question is phrased, seems to be trying to get his attention through drama.

• I can second this, been in this position twice myself

• I hope he thinks the same...

• yeah lol anyways good luck, may the odds be ever in your favor, and remember communication is key

• Sounds like he's a grown man who understands there is nothing he can do to make you wanna stay.

• Maybe he respects her decision and knows that her mind is made up and wants her to do what she thinks is best.

What Girls Said 1

• 😂😂😂😂😂 I'm sorry to laugh sis, but it's funny. He respects you as a person, don't add more meaning to it. He respects your discission, besides , I think you guys need time apart.,( you're becoming paranoid again😂😂😅) You'll get him back sooner if you focus more on yourself instead of him, because your world doesn't revolve around him. sooner or later, your heart will sooth the pain. just be patient,, it will heal eventually,.

• Yes I'm paranoid again 😭😭😭