Why do I miss someone who treated me badly?

He never respected me. He criticized me. He disrespected my parents. He disrespected his. He kept me away from my guy friends and went crazy with his. He told me to stay away from parties because he "cared" about me and got drunk and had hangovers. After I finally broke up he blocked me from facebook and every other social media then found another unattractive chick.

Why do I miss him? Why did he act that way after the break up?

Most Helpful Guy

• because u have no sense of self-respect, dignity and consideration towards other people in your life who appreciates you... probably you must be selfish and possessive too... i'm not bashing on you, i'm just making you aware of traits that it's better to get rid off because that only brings suffering for yourself

• What makes you think I'm selfish and possessive from what I wrote?

• Yes I understand

• oh thanks for MHO!

Most Helpful Girl

• You mistook the drama he brought to your life for actual passion. You are attractive. I think you're craving excitement and that's why you accept the mistreatment. There are better ways to find it. Don't find it that way next time please. You are too young to set bad patterns.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 15

• You miss the company and being around that drama. Move on and find a better guy. Their is better guy's out their for you.

• You miss the thought of him and remember some of the good moments you had together. Its completely normal to feel this way. he's not the one you actual miss tho. Its hard to go from someone always being there to not being there. Thats what you miss.
    Amd what do you mean "another unattractive chick" you referring to your self as unattractive? You look good in your profile pic. Dont put yourself down girl.

• If he was your first love then you miss the closeness and feeling of being desired and cared for. Try to remember that he did not value you or else he would not have done those things.

• Stockholm Syndrom. No, seriously, your behaviour is harmful to you and might be to your friends and family. You're goind towards the very thing that hurts you. You should get ovr it as quick as you can. As you stated, he rought a lot of harm to you and he looks like the kind of guy that would be totally disrespectful towards his wife and children (maybe violent too, verbally or physically).

• His behavior is also typical of narcissistic pervert : they harm you and make you think you're the problem.

• I don't know. Seems normal though. A lot of girls are dumb like that. They date guys that are no good for them.

• Fake him one day you will find someone who truly cares about you. Yeah your gonna have some bad ones in the way your true one will come

• It's because you probably never been loved before so you result to the one thing you only had.

• Although I'm not a psychologist what I think happens is this. This guy never gave you approval, he made you feel bad and that made you want him to approve of you. You often see dogs doing this (no offence), they tend to want their owner's affection when they are rejected. It's just a normal social response to want to be loved. Give it time and realize that you deserve better.

• Because feelings m8

• You miss him probably because you had a huge crush on him.
    His behavior seems weird. What did you do to him which pissed him off?

• Why?
    The only thing I wanna know

• you don't miss him as a package, you likely miss his package.

• it not your concern what he does. you start a new and move on to what you like to do or want to do in life.

• Because you're crazy. What's your problem?

• you never said what you DID to him!

What Girls Said 2

• When a relationship comes to an end it's inevitable you'll miss him , because you feel a sense of loss. He's been part of your life "everyday" , but suddenly there's an empty space in your life. You've also lost the dreams you shared together , the future plans you both made. Now that's all gone too, you have to create new goals and plans without him being part of your future anymore. That can be a daunting thought. So even those who were in a toxic relationship can miss their ex. Sometimes people cling to " what was" and " what could've been"

I'm not sure of the circumstances of the breakup, but I wouldn't be surprised if this other " chick" is just a rebound relationship

• because u love him