How can my boyfriend of 2 years just break it off over text after two years and not want to talk to me at all?

My boyfriend of 2 years just broke up with me. He texted me saying he hadn't been happy with us for a while, that we weren't clicking and that sex and kissing me has felt forced lately. I had noticed he had been acting a little different lately however the week before he broke up with me I went on a vacation with him and his family where we took family pictures and I was in them. In the text he said that that trip proved it to him that we weren't clicking. I am a quiet person and I have anxiety and have the whole relationship and he knows that although it has gotten worse lately. On the trip he was on his phone the entire time and I was upset although I didn't say anything so I was acting a little standoffish cause I was there with him but he couldn't put his phone down. I struggle with social anxiety. On the trip he left me alone a lot with his family and I wasn't comfortable. The week before he broke up with me I was talking to him about wanting to get help with my anxiety and I told him it has gotten worse. There was a situation with a boyfriend I had before him where it makes it hard for me to be intimate which I never told him. With his crazy work and school schedule he told me that anyone else would have left by now but I stuck it out with him through it all. I was nothing but nice to him and was always bringing food for us to make for dinner and he always seemed so thankful. On the trip he asked me what I wanted for my birthday which is coming up. I want to just give him time but how can he just cut it off cold turkey after two years and after all I did for him? I am just totally floored about this whole thing. I'm having a really hard time just not talking to him after we texted all day every day for two years. I don't know how he could do this after he took me on the family trip and we took pictures together and everything. My anxiety is going crazy not hearing from him. How can I not just want to hear from him after hearing from him everyday for 2 years?

What Guys Said 1

• He wanted to break up sooner but the trip was planned so he waited until you returned. Maybe there is already someone else, maybe not. No contact is the most effective way to handle a break up. You don't want the make up/break up/make up/break up drama, do you?

What Girls Said 1

• Sometimes things don't sink in clearly until you're alone and have time to think and maybe this is what happened with him. its unfortunate because you felt in a way led on, thinking the relationship was going in a great directions and I can understand also your confusion as you just got back from a trip.. anyway as heart breaking as it is know that you will move on from this. You can't change his mind and you shouldn't want to, day by day the pain will get easier, just keep yourself busy and focus on you, try to make yourself a better person than you were before.