How do I end things with someone I am seeing without disappointing her/hurting feelings?

OK, so I have a big problem with upsetting people/hurting their feelings. I really don't like to do it, so I generally try to please them as much as... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• I'm the same way. I hate hurting people and will avoid it at all costs. It's not good to lead someone on, but I guess I take the coward's approach in not telling him what I'm really feeling because it's just easier to go with the flow instead of putting an end to things.

With my ex, he was really into me and he was the sweetest guy in the world. But there was just no chemistry for me. I liked him as a friend. But after a few months of "leading him on", I finally decided to end things by telling him that he's a great person, I'll always care for him and I'll always be there for him. But at this stage in my life, I'm just not ready to be in a relationship. That I wanted to be done with grad school before getting serious with anyone, etc".