Is it easier being the person who breaks up or the person broken up with?

Do you find it easier being the one doing the breaking up or the one being broken up with?

77

Most Helpful Girl

• When someone ends the relationship with you , it's excruciatingly painful, because you feel rejected , and rejection can make you feel unlovable and worthless. It can lower your self- esteem

Ending a relationship is more difficult , because it leaves me burdened with guilt for causing someone so much hurt

To be honest, I'd rather face the pain of someone ending the relationship with me , because although it would break my heart, I know I'm strong enough to get through it , and I'd eventually move on

If I ended it though, I'd feel overwhelmed with guilt for causing someone so much heartbreak. It would affect my conscience too much , so I'd find that more difficult to get over than being rejected

So for me personally , I'd rather live with the pain of being rejected , than live with the guilt of hurting someone

Most Helpful Guy

• Usually its easier for the dumper than the dumpee. However, it depends on who has more feelings invested. Example, she lost feelings for me but essentially waited for me to dump her because she didn't wan to hurt my feelings too bad. I was still hurt, more than her.

Sponsored

What Girls Said 6

• Either way I am sure it sucks.
    You both lose what you have put in the relationship and you both feel a void that only the other was able to fill...
    therefore what's less painful is the person who finds a new person to replace the old one fastest

• being broken up. Guilt eats me because i was the one who broke up, always.

• Neither is easy

• The Person who breaks up

• It really depends on the situation... if you feel the need to break up with her to benefit your feelings and your life/ or both of your feelings and your life. It's hard either way if you have feelings for her still.

• the person who breaks up is already over so it is worse to be broken up

What Guys Said 6

• I think the one who breaks up. At least in that case you have agency and have made a decision. In the other case, a decision was forced on you.

• It depends on how you take it and how easy it is for you to get hurt, it's easier to break up with someone than it is getting broken up with, but it hurts more if he or she breaks up with u!

• It's easier to do the breaking up because you can prepare yourself ahead of time

• It's way easier to tell a chick she's gotten too fat compared to her hotter sister.

• Depends. If she's a "bitch / whore" it doesn't matter.