How would you respond to a break-up text message?

Especially if it's long one

91

Most Helpful Girl

• I've sent really long break up texts before. My boyfriend has always called me the next day and we talk about it and we are still together.

But if you're not looking to work things out, don't even reply.

• She told me i just wanna have a little break wtf that means? i haven't seen her for a month
      Then she said i would love to see you and hang out with you but i just need to work on myself

• Post a screenshot

• Haha it posted in the wrong opinion, sorry

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't.

• What the person on the other end is gonna think?

• Does it really matter? They're breaking up with you over a text. You don't need to show them any respect. They aren't respecting you.

What Girls Said 8

• "K"
    All that effort for nothing hurhur

• ''Whatever floats your boat''
      Is this a good response?

• No, and don't do what I said either lol. Both of those responses are passive aggressive and really immature. I don't know what the text said so I can't give you a legit answer

• I'm thinking to not write anything

• Delete it and then the person as a contact.

What can you really say to a breakup text besides how crappy it is?

• I wouldn't respond at all. Nothing gets under someone's skin like being ignored

• I'd be ok about it. It's pointless breaking up face to face , it'd be a waste of my time lol

• But like would you response to it at all?

• This girl sent me a half breakup message. She told me she is going to take a break because she is going through a lot but would love to see me again and get back with me. I'm totally confused and don't know what to write

• It depends on if you still want her in your life or not. If you do, i'd just respond by saying you're disappointed she's ending it cos you were happy in the relationship , but you'll respect her decision. Then ask her if she'd still like to keep in contact... providing you do of course

• I wouldn't say anything. Breakups by text are for cowards, unless you're in a long-term relationship.

• i wouldn't respond back in a text. I'll keep calling until they answer

• Depends about what you say but i wouldn't break up by text because that is the cowards way out so is getting your friends to do it for you. You should have the courage to go up to the girl and tell her how you feel.

• I'll beat that persons ass up.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!