When do you give up?

I've been with my gal for 27 years, I cheated five years back, and she has been unemployed for the last six+ years. I love her, I bought a house on my own to put the family in three years ago, she promised to help with the bills, yet never got a job.

She left three months ago, said it was over, she was done, yet she left everything she owns there, moved to her sister's house after having a job for a week and a half.

She's spent thirteen hours on the phone with me this month discussing our problems, but says she's not open to a relationship with anyone, let alone me, yet she's got multiple online dating profiles, and she's always online checking them.

I'm also paying her cell bill, and her car insurance.

So. After 27 years, when do I finally say "I've had enough." And walk away? It's not what I want to do, but I've lost 70 pounds in three months, and I'd jeopardized my job at multiple points for being an emotional wreck.

10

What Girls Said 1

• Get back into church. Work on yourself and your spirit. Bring her with you if you can. If you want to keep fighting it's doable. I've seen marriages and lives restored before me.

• Two different belief systems there, I'm a non-denominational Christian, and her? I don't know what she believes in.

• I'm sorry you had to go through this. I know that it's crazy because I don't know you or your wife personally but I just can't tell you how many times I've seen people going through tough times through their marriage and when they draw close to God they get healed. It's time you let someone else fight your battle, you just gotta rest. I think what you want is ultimately good and I have faith in the good of this world. I'm gonna pray for you.

• Thanks man, I can use all the help I can get! I still believe.

What Guys Said 0