Anyone split up with an ex and got back together years later?

Me and my ex broke up last year we both r still in constant contact with each other we text a few times a week. and meet up at least every 2 weeks if not weekly and sometimes more just to hang out as we have always being good friends he is still my best friend. He got a girlfriend now and I've being on a few dates with different men we were together for 6 years and we r still very young 22. I feel like we both need to do our own thing for a bit and see what else is out there. In my heart I do think one day down the line we will get back together and have future. Has anyone ever had an ex who later on they reconnected when they were in a more mature place?

23

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope just cut contact and live your life. Feels like your purposely not continuing with guys cuz you keep him in the background and compare and contrast. Which hate to tell you it there is a reason your broke up and your probably for get why and just remember goodntimes. Dont be friends or keep in contact with an ex. Exes are exes for s reason. If you were mentil to be it would of never ended. he's got are girlfriend now he's taken. I suggest you try and move on entirely.

Most Helpful Girl

• That's a bad arrangement, you're obviously not over each other, and how could you be if you're in constant contact? You haven't had adequate time to accept the break-up because it's not like you even broke up. How do you think his girlfriend feels knowing he sees you constantly? And what, neither of you will actually acknowledge you haven't moved on while getting involved with other people? That's immature and unfair. How long will you both go along not actually making a decision one way or the other, either it's over and you go separate ways, or it isn't and you both do the decent thing and don't involve other people who will get hurt because you're not over each other and you deal with your feelings.

What Guys Said 2

• Nope. All of my relationships ended bad and basically we either want each other dead or simply never heard from again. Sounds like he's doing more than taking a break since he's already replaced you. Move on instead of wait for probably nothing.

• Nope

What Girls Said 1

• Yes. My ex boyfriend and I broke up after dating 2 years and being best friends for 10. It's possible. We broke up so he could better himself and he did