I don't know how to move on?

My ex and i have been dating for almost 3 years when he calls it quits, he was my first love and was my best friend, I'm a reasonable girl and wasn't going to lose someone I truly care about so agreed to be friends, i just wanna be able to look at him without missing everything we had together.

16

Most Helpful Guy

• I was in that situation after breaking up with my first love and whom I thought was my bestfriend.

Together for 7 years but things didn't work out. I got depressed and thought it was the end of the world. I didn't want to lose her completely (at the time) so we remained "friends". But it's hard to move on in a situation like that. Eventually, i decided to "mute" all her social medias so i was still able to torment myself and look at her profile etc. After a few weeks i found myself going to her profile less and less. Until finally i even forgot we were still friends on all social media. That's how i moved on.

Moving on is always going to be hard at first obviously, but time heals all wounds. You gotta give yourself time to heal. Its not gonna happen overnight... Not in 3 days. Not a week. Maybe not a month or even a year. Its different for everyone. Im sorry about the break up OP. Wish i could do something to rid you the pain you're feeling right now.

Most Helpful Girl

• You need to have some distance or you won't accept the break-up (like you obviously don't want to) but you have to accept it's over, and to allow that to sink in and readjust to not having the relationship, you need to stop having close interactions with him and certainly don't be friends with an ex.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 5

• Agreeing to be friends = I agreed to torture myself and make moving forward impossible, because I really don't care about moving forward at all

• My ex recently broke up with me as well but we have to learn to let go and not over think

• First you have to stop staying in touch with him for a while
    Then try to keep yourself busy doing your stuff and things you like
    Have fun with friends and try to find other guys too

• Your young I'm sure he is too. No one makes a life long commitment at that age with hormones raging and girls giving guys attention and guys giving girls attention. Dating sites create options and people don't do well with options and monogamy lol

• get new boyfriend and done

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!