Why do men listen to their guy friends more than to what their heart feels? If you obviously care about someone enough to be with them and stay with them bc it's what your heart is feeling, why go and listen to everyone else but yourself? It just doesn't make sense.

07

Most Helpful Guy

• What you're asking has to do with an emotional condition/state of being. You don't understand it because you're a girl, not a guy. Girls place a fair amount of importance to their emotional state concerning situations. Guys... not any where near as much. To us, emotions are fleeting and temporary. We have them, certainly, but after a generally short time they're not there.

I love my wife, but I definitely do NOT feel that gushy, "I gotta be with her" feeling all the time.

When your boyfriend talked to his friends, he got advise and they left it to him to decide what he would do. "Most" guys will follow a logical path of thought, with priorities, and other factors considered. Emotional feelings (in those decisions) usually have a low priority to most guys.

As much as it pains you, guys usually do not give emotional feelings much precedence in nearly all of our decisions. I'm sorry this happened to you.

What Guys Said 6

• I look to my friends for advice, but like a President, they're just advisors. At the end of the day, I'm in the hot seat and make the decisions. I study all angles of a situation and make my best guess as to what to do. It'd difficult to go against my friends sometimes, but if I do, it's because I feel I have a good reason to. Most of the time, I end up being right.

• Because men will give other men logical arguments/solutions. It doesn't matter what you feel if it's an objective fsct that you're better off without someone, and your bros, if they are real bros, will let you know if this is the case.

• I understand the argument to an extent. However, it's you in the relationship not your real bros. The only thing the bros knew about me was that I lived states away from him. I don't think that's a good enough reason for them to feel like he was better off without me.

• Perhaps there's more to it. Have you asked your ex about it?

• Honestly I think girls do this way more than guys

• Well, there is a longer story behind the question.. I just felt silly putting my feelings out there.

• I guess he didn't know exactly what he wanted himself? afraid of commitment I don't know

• he really doesn't want t ok be with you. find someone who will appreciate you

• Sounds like you're a whore and bad for him.

• Did the man you love break up with you cause his friends told him too?

• I don't know.. but I do know he asked them for advice and somehow it just seemed like he looked for approval of other people.

• My profile is just anonymous. It's not the name of my profile. Anyone can do it. Some other guy went anonymous on whatever you're talking about with being a drama queen. As far as I know this is the only comment I have talking to you.

• Oh okay.. sorry. I saw the age difference. It just keeps saying that there's comments being said but I can't see what they write. Only my comment.

What Girls Said 0