How to Get Over My EX Boyfriend?

I've deleted him on Facebook and snapchat. We've been broken up for 3 months. 2 months after we broke up, and he's already talking to someone, which I doubt will last. He jumps from one person to the next and never deals with the emotions involved. I believe he was probably talking to her or scoping her out before we broke up. She stays closer to him and he said she's fun and that's what he wanted and needed and that she knows how to give space. Something I sucked at while we were together. Our break up shocked me, we weren't on the best of terms, but our last visit with each other was amazing (so I thought) and like 2 weeks after that he broke up with me. We stay 2 hours from each other. I'm not over him and I don't believe he's completely over me. He came to visit and did my pictures for my birthday and was flirting and kissing me and asking if I missed him. But then he started being shady, and he was hitting me up a lot too before he went distant.

Then he all of a sudden told me we needed to set boundaries, for a girl he "just met".. He could've set boundaries before he kissed me and flirted. He said he was trying to see if there was something he could still hold onto. And he made his decision... but kept claiming maybe in the future we'll work out. I know I shouldn't want him, but I still do. I loved him and still love him. He claims it was hard for him to let me go but I just don't believe that. He claims he still loves me but I don't believe that either... If he tried to come back in the future, I know I'd give him another chance. And I hate that I would. But why should I? I'm over here hurting while he's out with his distraction living it up. His own family says he doesn't know what he wants. How can I get over him and lose feelings for him. Fast... Please help? We're both 21 by the way.

Okay, I tried to reply to everyone that commented! Thanks to everybody that gave me advice, its been like 5 months since we broke up. That 3rd month was the last straw for me. I picked myself up and went out. Met some nice guys, went to a party, hung out with friends, got 2 jobs and I've just been enjoying life. I don't know if I'm completely over him but I'm getting there quick lol. I was a mess a few months ago. Now I'm loving the single life!!! Thanks again everybody.

45

Most Helpful Guy

• Looks like he is not going to stick with any girl in the near future. This itself should be enough to motivate you to get over him. I mean... you have no future with him anyway.

Instead, turn your attention towards men who are interested in a genuine, fulfilling, long term relationship with you. Trust me, such men do exist.

Most Helpful Girl

• You get over him by cutting contact. Continuing to talk, flirt, etc. is not helping you to move on. You need to distance yourself from him. Don't worry about whether or not he's in a new relationship, focus on yourself right now. If you have any hobbies, spend time doing them. Stay busy and don't give yourself time to think about him or the failed relationship. Spend time with your family and friends who love you. Doing all of those things will help you move on. Ultimately though, it just takes time.

What Guys Said 4

• You'll need time to move on 😌

• Don't worry, you'll find another handsome man who you can give blowjobs to.

• getting over someone is hard you need time and need to focus on yourself, things you love to do

• I know how you feel. I'll never understand how some people can just let someone go so easily, its like they have no emotion or something. My ex left me 8 months ago and I'm still not completely over her, I think about her a lot. However she seemed to have no problems letting me go and I'm still hurt all this time later. I guess the only way to really get over it is either let time heal you or find someone else. How long were you together? If it was a long and serious relationship it may take a really long time but honestly you can't do much about it, its not like you can just forget all the special memories you have with that person.

• Yes!!! Like how? Was it real? Were you playing me the whole time? I had so many questions and still do but I never got them. I just cut him off. I think about him every now and then and sometimes I miss him. But I had to move on and I feel a lot better now! If you're still having trouble you can DM me and vent if you want!! I'm friendly lol. But thank you for understanding

What Girls Said 3

• Sounds like he's over you and just stringing you along for a back up if everything you say is how it went down he wants to be with this girl and step one to getting over him.. stop talking to him you will never get over him if you are focused on his day to day and relationship woes and pros next take up a hobby for a distraction make sure all your friends know not to mention him he is not your business busy yourself and eventually you won't even think about him it's still raw

• Thank you!! I'm doing so much better now. He's moved on to someone else. Whoever he was talking to at first didn't work out. But in all honesty, I'm happy now. I miss em at times but knowing I got other options... BETTER options made me feel a lot better. I distracted myself and made myself busy and its been doing wonders! Thank you!!

• Go scream into a pillow. Dress up sexy and go out to a bar. Flirt a lot dance a little, but turn down every single guy there (unless you actually are legitimately interested in them). It'll make you feel empowered and sexy and remind you how many other guys are out there.

• I actually did this!! Lmbo.. It helped so much!! I feel like I'm over him but I'm not sure if I'm completely there. But its pretty dang close to it!! Thank you :)

• Cut him out of your life.

• Mission accomplished! Lol thanks

• I'm glad you are doing so well. Don't be disheartened by down days, it's completely natural. Just embrace the chance to have that second glass of wine without judgmental eyes on you :)