Should I have sex even though I'm not over my ex?

It's been a month and week that my ex and I separated and now girls that I had before are coming back since I let them know I'm single but I'm not over my ex. I was sitting with one of those girl in my car just talking and things kinda escalated but I stopped cause I felt weird about the situation felt like I was not doing the right thing even though I'm single so do you guys think it's fine to have sex with other people even though I'm not over my ex?

52

Most Helpful Girl

• If your not ready don't do it, fuck what others think it's how you feel, don't do something out of pressure you'll regret it later

Most Helpful Guy

• Ideally no for the sake of the girls' feelings unless they're kind of okay with casual sex, no strings attached -- you'll tend to compare those girls to your ex and they'll never be good enough because if you're not over her, she is what defines "best" to you.

That said, I can understand if you try anyway. It's miserable to come home to an empty bed when you're heartbroken.

• Even a kiss tends to feel all wrong -- not the same technique, maybe even different taste/smell, etc. Every other girl tends to remind you that they're not her if you find yourself feeling wrong about it.

• Indeed they know I don't want any strings attached and they're fine with it but it's my inner self that tells me not too and yes that's exactly what I was doing I was with that girl but I was thinking in my ex telling my self it's not even good

Sponsored

What Girls Said 4

• it's fine but I suggest you sort out your feelings first before

• Is it possible for you and your ex to work things out? If it is then I will say maybe no sex for now

• no wait till you are over

• Best way to get over someone is to get under someone

What Guys Said 1

• have sex whenever you feel like it man there is nothing wrong with taking some time to sort out you emotions your a guy not a robot

• That's exactly what I say to my self but then something inside stops me

• welp just you know have a wank and tell that something inside you to take a hike. if you aren't emotionally at a point where you want to have sex with other people then dont it doesn't make you any less of a man. it makes you more human