Is my ex girlfriend too controlling?

My ex girlfriend broke up with me 3 months ago after a 2 year relationship. We still live together because our lease is too expensive to get out of. Since then we have been cordial in the whole. Sometimes like last night she is friendly and has started to talk to me. We sleep in separate areas of a large open concept apartment.

When she broke up with me, she demanded that I stopped working out at our local gym. She says she doesn't want to see me even though I keep to myself and dont bother her. She is overweight and i have an athletic body. But I still love her.

The issue is that the gym we both go to is the cheapest in the area snd just 2 blocks from home. We broke up because I was poor last year and had trouble with rent on 8k per year as a intern during grad school.

Is my ex whom i live with wrong in demanding that I stop working out at the gym of i dont bother her? Or should I pay an extra $30 per month and walk another mile or 2 a different gym? I dont have a car.

30

Most Helpful Girl

• Lol! She doesn't get any say on what you do anymore. Go to whatever fucking gym you want. If she has a problem then SHE can go somewhere else.

• Thanks! How do I react to mutual friends that have sided with her all of a sudden going to the gym? Am i wrong to think they are spying on me? I suspect she told them I've gotten a lot of muscle and im buff. Perhaps her lady friend and S. O. are there to see?

What Girls Said 2

• She's being an idiot, the gym is a public place, she doesn't own it. Go workout at the gym of your preference and convenience.

• Lol. Do you think she is insecure because girls in spandex are checking me out and she's over weight?

• Pretty sure, she's probably butt hurt. Ask her to pay your gym membership at the other place uf she wants you away lmao

• I think you need to find a girl that values you more. Good luck!

What Guys Said 0