Are you still stalking your ex on social media?

Are you? And you just can't stop it?

23

Most Helpful Guy

• At some point I lost complete touch with a very dear ex of mine (a former fiancee). She got married, moved away to a different place, and I realized one day that I had no way to get in touch whatsoever. I had no idea where she lived, she didn't use social media, I lost her phone number long ago, etc.

Even though I thought I was over her, following was days of utter depression where I realized in spite of all we shared, I might never even see her again, never even talk to her. I had some kind of distant dream that even though I had accepted we would never be lovers again, perhaps we could meet at some point years later and just talk as friends.

After that passed though, it was a liberating moment. I started to find more girls attractive around me, accepted that all that matters is the present and future, and I think that was the last hurdle to getting over her completely.

• I'm so sorry!! I really feel you! What does hurt is that we cannot talk to them anymore as if they died and we should accept their death and the idea of not to have them in anyway anymore. My present now is his ghost I'm just watching and can't touch. I can only think about the future because I'm sure that ghost will disappear.

• No need to be sorry. I actually think it was a good thing. I had compromised and compromised down my hopes, especially after she got married, to a relationship devoid of sexuality and romance... but I still hoped that we could meet again and share that warmth of two people who, at least in one point in our history, felt that we were soulmates. It was only when I ditched that hope that I was truly liberated from her and free to pursue my own life.

Most Helpful Girl

• Nah it's too hard to see.

What Guys Said 2

• No, an ex is an ex for a reason. Nobody wants to get back with an ex unless you're not over them. Its good to see into their lives, but it does come to a point that moving on is key.

• Nope I'm staying far far away

What Girls Said 1

• HELL NO, but I think he stalks me tho.