How to communicate problems to someone who won't hear it?

I'm having toruble telling the guy I'm seeing lots of stuff - i feel like his romance has gone down, he doesn't care as much overall, and he gets very easily annoyed and makes ME feel bad. Overall I feel a decrease in my confidence and feel insecure much more often than I am ok with. When I try to bring up issues one at a time, he will get so angry and deflective he doesn't even hear me at all. I don't know how to talk to him about this stuff in a way where he will get it and ACTUALLY make positive changes?

Most Helpful Guy

• What are you presenting him, a long list of grievances? He'll have his own as well, most likely.

If you want to make positive changes the question to ask is not, "How do I make things fair?" but simply, "How do I make things better?" If you're already doing that, you're on the right track.

For communicating these things, it tends to help to avoid a confrontational approach. Any couple that uses lines like, "We need to talk" is already in bad shape, as though they need an appointment to talk on a deeper level.

The easiest way for me at least is start off hugging and being affectionate, maybe throw in some humor here and there, and set a nice mood. Then you can gently bring up something that's bothering you.

Most Helpful Girl

• Been there done that. I would move on, as he isn't willing to listen to you and be patient, so he just isn't the right match for you. Never be with someone who makes you feel bad about yourself you can do better!

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 1

• Don't worry about it.
    There are people who will listen, but you will only anger someone by talking to them when they want to be alone

What Girls Said 4

• He will never listen so just move on

• Find someone who will listen

• write a letter
    send a text
    email
    voice mail

• Same issue here.
    How do you ask him to do romantic stuff?