If you got divorced, would you want your ring back?

The title of this question is self-explanatory. If you gave someone a wedding ring, would you want that ring back when the relationship ends?

Most Helpful Guy

• I thought about asking, but I knew that legally it belonged to her. It would kind of be nice to have as it was sort of one of those overpriced rocks. Like, that's sort of the negative of buying diamonds online (which I did). If you go into a Tiffany's and get a diamond, they'll sell ones that are "H" color with VVS2 clarity and call them extremely "high quality" -- which I'm sure they are. But when you buy online, you realize that before "H", you have D, E, F, and to get those diamonds, all you have to do is move the slider to the left. So suddenly, the stuff at Tiffany's looks like crap because you have all this control over the characteristics of your diamond -- diamonds that are so colorless and flawless that Tiffany doesn't even sell them. And those colorless/flawless diamonds are actually cheaper than the ones they sell at Tiffany so then you feel like you're somehow getting a good deal when in fact, you're still getting scammed because you're buying a stupid diamond!

I'm getting worked up now. Get a cubic zirconia!

Most Helpful Girl

• No, he can keep his ring. I'm keeping my ring, because it was a gift. If he really wanted to be vindictive about it though, I'd take all of the furniture, the tv, and the house in exchange for my ring.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 12

• Yes I will want it back, only to throw it in mount doom and end the curse of the bwitch queen.

images1.fanpop.com/.../...rodo-2525951-400-300.jpg

• No, its yours to keep it. If you called your engagement off... The diamond ring shall be return. If your former fiancee refuses. She can get sued. Return or buy it. If she hocked at Pawn Shop. She shall pay full amount too. I have seen lot on court TV.

• If I payed for it, hell yeah I want it back. I may as well sell it and get some easy cash.

• I would want everything back but the lawyers disagree. You can't take back your gifts apparently. You can't split it also. She can split the house though.

Note to self: never buy expensive gifts cause you can't get those back.

• it depends on how the divorce went and why

• Only if it were a family heirloom. Otherwise that is her ring, it was meant for her and it is hers.

• If it was expensive maybe, depends but i wouldn't get marrid so it ain't happening.

• No. I mean, it's probably worth a lot but it was my gift to her so I'd never ask for it back.

• Nah I would want them to keep it what good would it do me

• Nope. One less thing for her to complain about or pretend I'm the bad guy

• no i wouldn't but i would support a guy who wanted the ring back.

• Fuck ya that's 17 grand I may be well of but that's still $17000 I paid for it and it was valued at double

What Girls Said 9

• when you give someone a gift, it becomes that person's property; therefore, it is your partner's decision as to whether or not s/he gives it back.

if it were me, i'd probably give the guy back his ring just because of what it represents. but that's my choice.

• This reminds me of a song
    "Now that we split up.. you want me to give up, all that you gave.. But, what about my love and time? Can it be replaced? You never thought about me bade and I see you haven't changed a bit cause you're still acting childish I guess you've forgotten.. I've never been a silly bitch and you can never get back shit so you can stop all that calling, complaining, stressing, about something you're just not getting all my love can I get it back? No I can't, all my time, can I get it back? No I can't, so.. all your rings? Can you get'em back? No you can't all you gave, can you it back? Hell no you can't"

• Of fucking course, that shit cost money. If the relationship is over then hand it over. It was a symbol of your relationship and it's broken, you obviously don't need it anymore. If you pawn or lose, you're going to figure a way to come up with the money.

• Nah, both rings were gifts from my parents anyway.

• If I got divorced I wouldn't want to keep the ring, the meaning behind it is gone so I'd give it back.

• No lol

• If I gave someone a ring hell yea I want it back cause I paid for it.

• Nop unless I needed money because at that point the ring is cursed

• No gifts shouldn't be wanted back