My boyfriend made up this long story to get away from me on Valentine's day for about almost three hours. Is he lying to me?

So he text and called me all day about taking me out when he got off. He gets off comes home and his cousin calls saying come over here now with no explanation. So I'm like what's going on, it's 8 o clock we leave at 9 30. He says I will be right back, I instantly got pissed. So when he leaves I start thinking did his cousin call just to make an excuse for him to get out the house. After it not feeling right I called him and his phone rung but the operator comes on saying he can't be reached. And my call log is showing that his service is canceling my calls even though his phone is ringing. During this his cousin's girlfriend calls me and says she's trying to figure out where her man is but I don't trust her either she could be putting up a front to cover for him, she didn't seem believable (how did she get my number?). He finally calls me almost three hours later with this sensational story about his cousin fighting someone and they both left their phones in the car. So this morning he wants to talk and I just don't believe a word coming out his mouth. What do you think guys?

32

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• They both left their phones in the car? I can't tell you whether not he's lying, but I definitely see red flags and understand why you are questioning this.

• Exactly why did they both leave phones in the car if they didn't know what was about to happen. Strange

• Well, I really think there's more to the story than he's letting on. It just doesn't add up that his cousins girl would be calling you. Because like you said how the heck did she get your number and if you have not given it to her unless she went through your man's phone and found your number. I'm wondering if he temporarily blocked your number in his phone. If you can get a hold of his phone while he's in the shower and do a temporary block to see if you're getting the same response that could give you a little bit more pieces to the puzzle.

What Guys Said 1

• Story is completely plausible. Guess it's up to you whether you believe it.

What Girls Said 2

• This smells like bullshit to me too.

• Eh.. I think he's lying... But he could be saying the truth.

• I think he's lying to but it could be the truth although it's not. I just can't prove it.