Is my boyfriend bad?

I'm 18 and about to graduate from hs. I'm extremely stressed out right now. I'm in a terrible foster care system that provides me with little support and have terrible representation from my case worker. any foster care and court work, I have to fill out myself because she's too lazy to do so and because she doesn't feel like driving out to my house in the county next door even though she placed me here. I have to constantly go to meetings (I have a second agency), retell my story to many people since I'm signing out in September for college.
So this leads into my current school life. I'm aware that I've surpassed many foster kids, especially runaways. I got left back and now I'm graduating in 3 years as a normal senior, attended night school for 1.5 years, taught myself and got credit for 8 subjects, attend StonyBrook University on the weekends, currently teaching myself AP calculus BC, AP statistics, and Spanish for credit, currently studying Russian on the side, have a 97.21 GPA and am ranked 21 out of 1,100 seniors.
I constantly travel by bus/train to get to colleges. I have applied to about 30 colleges including Harvard, cornell, princeton, etc. and plan on applying to more. *need as much money as I can for college. I need to take out a loan for an apartment to live in when school is out. As a foster kid, I have no "credit" and a lot of loan companies reject foster kids for that. I want as many options possible and highest bidder gets me, haha.* I have to constantly email colleges to ask them to take off parent tax returns and find alternate methods to send sats, mail transcripts. And so much more.

I have a boyfriend who doesn't mind my situation, lucky me. I call him sometimes to vent because I'm stressed. Everytime, he kind of hints that he would like to continue playing his game or writing and I would stop and let him go. This time, I was overwhelmed and he said that he would like his solitude because he was reading. I just got pissed off and said bye.

I don't want to be a nuisance by dumping my drama on him, but I feel he could be a little more caring and comforting you know? I would do the same for him, but he rarely has drama, he has a pretty simple normal life with no troubles. We only see each other every two weeks due to college and all (he just turned 19, first year student). he's such a nice guy, not your regular trendy cuckhold these days questioning sexuality masculinity, doesn't use social media, not constantly on his phone.
I'm afraid that of the possiblity of him only wanting sexual favors, and we don't have sex, and we fool around everyone once but that's about it. He's not a big social person, but is completely fine in social environments.

05

Most Helpful Guy

• You have to understand that yes he is your boyfriend and support system he will be there for you but you also can't be constantly laying this on him ranting and ranting about this. he's not a therapist he's your boyfriend and if this is all you talk about every time you call it can be draining for him as well. Him being alone and introvert is how he energizes himself so he needs to process what you tell him beca use it was him down as well. So you can't be constantly putting this on him either.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 4

• well first off, I commend you for your strength and courage, you're pretty incredible, and the fact that you're working so hard to achieve your goals , well it's pretty amazing, considering how little support you are getting.
    As for your boyfriend, you're not asking for much, all you want is a little support and encouragement, if you were mine I would be immensely proud of you, sorry but I think he should be ashamed of himself for his behavior.

• Thank you so much. Yeah, I tried talking to him, but he stayed silent and didn't comment. It's just hard with him because I do just want a little support. He doesn't have to do it all the time and I understand that he wants to go back to his alone time but I wish just ONCE he'd actually give me some consolation.
      And I how how he doesn't directly tell me he wants to talk. I'll bite the bullet that's fine, but him beating around the bush makes me want to knock his teeth out. In my busy life, I really hate it when people waste my time with that.

• I'm not surprised you feel the way you do. he's being an Ass , and so inconsiderate

• Being therapist for someone you care about on a regular basis, especially when they are in a rough patch, can be very very stressful - especially if you yourself are not (as you said about him) a big social person to begin with. After a while it starts to weigh on you too and you need time to yourself to process it all so you can clear your mind and be ready to be there the next time that person needs support again.

• nope

• Did your parents die from being hit buy a drunk diver because I give out scholarship to kids that's happened to

• No no, they're alive and well.

What Girls Said 0