How would you end your relationship with your SO?

Men would you asked your girlfriend out to dinner to talk about how u want to end the relationship or just be friends OR would you just simply say we need to talk and end the relationship over the phone/text/in person (not at dinner)

or simply how how would you end the relationship with someone

152

Most Helpful Guy

• First off... won't call em SO. they are just my girlfriend. Wife is SO.
    secondly, if i were to end it... i dont hesitate... but i won't make it loud either, its a private affair, i will keep my tone low. And I've learned not to try explaining, bitch won't get it anyway... and some will but will then try to pretend, which only lasts so long.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd want to just be told over the phone. If he's ending it then it's pointless meeting up. I'd feel upset of course, even devastated , but I'd rather be told on the phone then deal with it in private , on my own. I wouldn't want to break down in front of him. I'd want to be on my own to do that

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 1

• depends if I want to embarrass her or not. I would do it in public and make a scene. that if I don't care. if I cared about her I would handle it in a private manner.

What Girls Said 14

• If its a boyfriend who im not living with I would most likely just call them and explain it or do it somewhere private in one of our houses, I dont think its to right to take someone out to dinner and break up with them in public. If I was the one getting broken up with I would rather it just be on the phone , not around other people or in public because I know I'd be upset and probably embaress myself if I start crying lol

• We took a walk around the neighborhood, spoke about small to serious issues regarding our relationship, I cried, he tried to stay strong and put on a poker face. We decided to part ways. We had a good bye kiss and it was over. I did break up with him though!!

• Die of old age.

I don't even know. I can't imagine life without him lol

But I suppose I'd do it in person.

• My first boyfriend left me by saying he met someone else and doesn't love me anymore. My second left me by saying he couldn't do it anymore. I've never broken up with someone so I don't know how I'd do it. I'd try to be nice about it though

• You need to learn to pick em darling lol... i like your tone though.. its like you are turning it into an art.
      normally i blame the females... but in your case, and with your tone/attitude... i feel its those morons that are missing out.

• sorry to hear, however how did they end the relationship with you did he say "hey lets go out to dinner" or did he do it over the phone? text? in person?

• They did it in person. The first did it while he was drunk then didn't really talk to me the next day while I packed all my stuff. The second came round to my house and did it to my face.

• In person and in private with kindness and respect

• It would make you a complete dick to do it in public and prolong the situation how are they going to get home? How awkward you should just go to their place and tell them it's over don't stay for the water works or you will change your mind just say it's not working out I don't want to be together don't even give a reason why or they will think it's fixable "I just don't, I'm sorry if you're hurt but it's over" then leave

• I would go to their house if possible.
    And if we lived far away, I would call or facetime.

• I've always done it in person, i would never respect anyone who did it over text/phone (unless you're in a long distance relationship)

• Private and I think face to face would probably be most respectful. Be kind. Give no reason other than its not working out. Leave.

• You need to do it person however doing it in a restaurant doesn't sound like a great idea.

• To be honest I'd just break up over the phone so I don't have to deal with being yelled at in a restaurant/cafe/at home or potentially attacked.

• "I want a divorce"

• It's an awful idea meeting up for dinner. When you end a relationship it's painful , and the your SO will feel emotional. It'll be humiliating and embarrassing for them if they breakdown in the restaurant. That's quite cruel.

I'd rather a guy just text me or ring me. It's pointless meeting up if he's ending it. I would beg or plead for him not to leave. I'd keep my dignity and let him walk away. I don't need people who don't want or need me

• We are married. I'd get a bottle of wine and we'd sit down and discuss how I felt and the best way to go about it. He'd be very hurt at first but if I was clear about my reasons and be honest with him we'd come out of it as friends. I can't see ever divorcing him though... he's my soulmate!!

When I was dating before my now husband I always broke up online but none of them were ever that serious.