How do you know when a relationship is over?

I figure if you have to start questioning it then maybe it's on its way to the end.

Most Helpful Guy

• Once the person does not give you as much attention as she/he used to give you for a prolonged period of time. When he/she stops responding to texts as often. Is not available as often as she/he used to.
    If the above, among other things, persists for a long period of time, then the person has already decided to break up with you/ dump you. At that moment it is just a matter of time until they disclose it to you.
    When such behavior is seen, the best way to handle it is not to seek attention but rather show independence. Demanding attention will only reaffirm that the person has made the right decision.
    Once the relationship is over, do not chase after the person. Engage into the No Contact period and take every step to improve yourself both, physically and psychologically. Finally, start dating again once you have healed if healing was needed in the first place. I hope this helps. Good luck!

Most Helpful Girl

• Questioning doesn't lead to it ending. It just means that you need to seriously evaluate where you're failing at. Relationships can be repairable. But it's all about choices and whether or not you chose to confront the issue right then and there while the problem is still small and you fix it and deal with it until its no longer an issue. Overall, you can jsut feel it in yhe atmosphere, the connection dead internally, and you feel and act like complete strangers. And I say this for any kind of relationship. Even with family and friends. The problem is people let this get out of control until its no longer in your control. Be in denial of the truth, and when you have other people point it out to you. And it's more than just one. Its a few people.

• Probably the best opinion I've read thus far. Thanks a lot.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 6

• We all know when its over... but denial kicks in. Some try to save it, some start begging, some start crying... some start looking outside...
    but inside? we all know. If you gotta ask? you know too.
    Letting go is just the hard part we try to avoid...

• While it's a question only you can know the answer to, try thinking about the future with them and if you see one. Like, will I be happy in this relationship if it lasts another 5 years. Are they willing to support me if times get rough. Do I want to support them throw rough patches of their life?

• It's at it's low when you can't trust them. In any relationship, be it family, friend or partner, they all share the foundation of trust. If you lose that then you need to talk with them and figure out what's going on.

• When ever they stop caring about you and start pushing you away from there life

• yeah I once left my girlfriend just without saying anything I felt shit, but I can see she doesn't really care anymore.
    she got a new boyfriend in like a week

• Possibly, but some folks do that for years and years...

What Girls Said 11

• I don't know if this is the same, but my situation was that this guy who I was sleeping with, talking to every single day, and had an extremely emotional relationship with would not commit to me or call me his girlfriend. I was really sad about it until I realized that him being my boyfriend won't change how he treats me (whether that's good or bad). Truth of the matter is that if you're well into the relationship enough where you know as much as you can about the person, and you're still unhappy, it's probably going to stay that way. It's really hard to change and improve after a certain point. I know it's really hard to let go of relationships, even if they're a majority of bad memories, you really tend to hold onto the small good ones and that's what keeps you stuck in the relationship. But you just have to decide if sticking with it is worth your time and emotions at this point. Once you realize it is or isn't, then that's typically when you make the decision.

• Thanks for your opinion

• I think you know when you can't be bothered anymore and are just going through the motions or trying to find ways to revive what was once there or you look to the future and envisage being single. This is when courage needs to kick in to stop it from dragging on and on.

• Thanks for your opinion.

• If only one if you is making the effort to make it work. Or if there's nothing left worth fighting for.
    If being in the relationship brings you more sadness and unhappiness than it brings you joy.

• when there is nothing to talk

• I feel like when I start thinking about them less/can go days or weeks without seeing them and not feeling anything, or when I no longer feel any form of emotion when with them

• I think you just feel it , you just know when it's over

• when your self worth is being affected by your relationship, and he/she is unwilling to work on it

• When they loose all interest in you

• dead silence fights

• When I'm too comfortable. If you get to see my bad side, bitch we don 😘 have a nice day, sweetie and also skedaddle ☺️😎 Cause I'm already on the prowl for some new prey 😎😍😘

• When you have to ask this question.