How do you cope with being left for someone else?

So, it's been three months now since my ex and I broke up. He left me for someone else, and I find myself still grieving over it. I'm over him, as in I would never want to be romantically with him -- or at all in that case. But what I'm not over is that he chose her and not me..."I like her because she's just like you" he said to me... but he already had me.

18

Most Helpful Guy

• Everyone deals with heartbreak differently and one thing we have to remind ourselves that we are still a gorgeous and amazing person.

It's difficult losing a person period but losing someone to someone else is a hit to the self esteem but from my personal experience it's best to face the pain with honesty and understanding than using bitterness and other hatred methods.

I'll explain why, let's say you go on a hook up spree as a form of revenge , it just makes you stoop to his level and it doesn't solve anything, Oppose to just facing the pain and learning to come to terms that it happened and learning to love yourself again.

When you learn to love yourself again you become more than comfortable, you become a better person and truly begin to move on and away from poisonous people like them

Most Helpful Girl

• he lied to you - he didn't date her because she was exactly like you - he said that so it would be less painful for you that he wants to leave you

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 7

• The most important thing is to not blame yourself and be thankful he showed his true side now, and not after marriage or a kid.

You dodged a bullet, go out and celebrate lol

• to me it sounds as if the person he was referring to was like the you that you once were.
    it's OK if you never get over that quote. understand that it will be one of the main reasons you will be better than you were in that previous experience. but do not forget that repeating a mistake you know will be your repetitive sin.

• Something about her made her more attractive in his eyes. It doesn't mean there's anything wrong with you, only that you weren't the woman for him. It's a matter of individual perception that isn't always rational or sound.

Don't beat yourself up over it. The fact that you're asking this question shows that you're an introspective, motivated woman. Believe me when I say there are better, smarter men out there and you'll find someone else. Focus on your career and bettering your life. You'll find someone eventually.

• Don't your worry your pretty little head sunshine he doesn't know what he had and I bet you as soon as you find a new and better partner he will try and get you back

He is a boy playing dress-up as a man and don't take that shit from him

• I had this issue before just think of it like this. He did not value what the two of you had, the memories you shared or the time you spent together. With time and going out and meet other people you should feel better.

• Just give it time and hopefully you'll forget about him.

• Keep on smiling, you will meet someone better than him. Can't compare two people.

• it just hurts. it feels like it always will. I can say he's an a**hole all I want but it still hurts.

• He's just a scar , you have to see yourself not together. He made his mind up, now be better then her or compare yourself to her. If he was first love then I understand. But you just need a distraction from him.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!