Have you ever had your heart hurt so much by someone, it feels almost ruined for wanting to date or be in a relationship with anyone else?

If so did you ever get over it and how long did it take you?

31

Most Helpful Guy

• yes... it takes a long time to believe in people again. a shiver runs down the spine when u think it getting closer to another person. you cannot completely get over it ever, something breaks permanently inside of you. but you forget about it slowly and it becomes one of the many skeletons in the closet

Most Helpful Girl

• My last ex, its only been a couple weeks since he broke it off. I def chased him way too much, but he lied to me by pretending everything was fine, except he hadn't been happy in the relationship for some time. It was a short relationship, but I fell for him. He told me he loved me, but lost the connection. Now its going to be hard for me to trust guys in the fact that will question their true interest in me. Something I will be working through because when the right guy comes along, I don't want to push him away w/insecurities.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 2

• Yes, it took me a little over a year of being alone to let it go. It wasn't so much him, it was the things he said to me while pretending to love me. It had me confused and really hurt for sometime. I did go on a couple dates actually but they turned out to be players lol. I think they smell low self esteem from miles away. So I'd advise to stay single for a bit until you truly see the change in your heart. But it will happen. Time helps you heal.

• Took me 3 months. He cheated on me even though he did really love me, but we had our problems. I felt ruined because I blamed myself and why this relationship turned out like this, he told me because he couldn't handle my personality. It took me 2 years until I was taken again, but my boyfriend had to really fight for it because I had bad self esteem, felt guilty of my personality and not confident with myself. I kept telling him how I was so afraid of falling in love and being hurt again, but he took the challenge and won my heart. I know it sounds cheesy but I got over it because I started to try thinking positively about myself and I had people who supported me in the process, tried to think I wasn't the only wrong and I am much better than him... but the reason of starting to be in relationship with someone again was thanks to my boyfriend who saw something in me that I couldn't and still can't really see why he think I'm good in his eyes.