"I'm just done" does this sound like a breakup statement or no?

So today I tried breaking up with my ex girlfriend. She was texting me about said argument and I just replied with "I'm just done." And she replied with her being done too. Does this sound like a breakup or does it sound like I just said I'm done with the argument? I don't need her thinking I'm still looking to keep a relationship with her.

40

Most Helpful Girl

• It appears to me that she assumes you mean it's over between you both, and she's responding with the same meaning behind "I'm just done" .

If a guy said that to me my initial thought would be that's he's tired of the relationship, so is done with it.. meaning it's over for good

• Thanks for the MHO ❤

What Girls Said 3

• This generation is so insane. Breaking up over text messages? If you want to be done then have the decency to say it to her face.

• Normally when someone's "done" it's when a person and/or a situation has pushed them to their last limit. It's usually when you've tried everything to make it work, and you're still in a losing battle.
    It's a cut your losses statement.

If it's just simply you're bored with her or something, it's kind of a dick thing to say.

• Yup. Sounds like you've given up on saving it

What Guys Said 0