Would you ever regret your break up with a great person just because you wanted to try out being single?

We were together all through high school and into our first year of college. I know my ex still has feelings for me but he said he can't get back together right now because he will never know what it's like to be single. He is 20. He says if we get back together we might as well get married. He says he will never know why it's like to be with another girl. I'm not going to sit and wait for him to hook up with a bunch of girls only to find out I was the one. Would you ever regret losing a good girl just to be single in your 20's?

11

What Guys Said 1

• I'd regret it once I figured out what I lost.

• I know you can never really know. But I wonder how long that would take? I mean he's partying every night and just being a basic douche. He was never ever like this before. I wonder when it will get old.

• I guess the fear is they meet someone else that never makes them regret leaving

• Yeah.. I guess we just wait.

What Girls Said 1

• Its really hard to tell if they would miss you. Some people regret it right away, months/years later or they never think twice about it. I had this happen recently, though my ex wants to single to figure his life out and it is very painful when someone drops you like that. Lets say these people come back eventually, how could you trust they wouldn't just leave you again out the blue? You can't. If you truly love someone, you will stay w/them, not leave and if they miss out and regret it, too darn bad,