He misses me but doesn't want to Get back together?

Okay guys! Now i really need your help... so my ex broke up with me 3 months ago and we were in no contact for 2,5 months.
The reason he broke up was because he no longer saw a future for us and wanted to Break up now so he didn't had to hurt me later..
two weeks ago he started talking to me and kind of flirted with me.. the last week i met him two times with mutural friends and he flirted with me and tried to be near me all the time.
so a couple of days ago he texted me saying he really misses me and he cried a lot.. but he said he doesn't regret breaking up and doesn't want to Get back together because he is afraid he will hurt me again and doesn't think it will work out..
but he wants to stay in contact and want to meet with me..
im really dont know What to do, cause Im still not over him and i want him back, but i think its too early to just be friends..
what should i do?

03
Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 3

• Well in a sense, it feels like he just wants what you guys had in a relationship without being in a relationship. I don't think he is taking your feelings into account. At this point he only seems to care about himself, and not about how you must feel about the situation. Telling you he cried a lot, that he is afraid to hurt you. It may be true, but by telling you it is a way of trying to guilt trip you to get what he wants. If he gave you time to heal, then one day you guys were able to be friends, and he told you about it then that would be a different story. However he is telling you know when you've barely had time to heal. Since it has been about 3 months, he probably misses what you guys did as a couple. The guy needs to get over himself and stop teasing your broken heart.

• Thank you for a Good answer! What do you think i should do in this situation?

• Okay Thanks! Do you think he wants to Get back together after a while? If i ignore him

• That I can not answer, He is his own person. He may or may not. I recently broke up with my ex whom I've been with for 3 years. I miss her very much and tried my best to win her back, but she wants nothing to do with me now. I don't deserve her, I know exactly why she broke with me and it is something i know I can work to improve. She also said, she saw no future with me, but all I can say about that is who can see the future. It is hard, very very hard. If my ex talked to me again I would have my hopes that maybe one day she will want to get back together again, but that just eats away at you. Especially if it doesn't happen. Hang in there, and try to enjoy what your life and what makes you happy as best as you can. From one heartbroken person to another, just hang in there and heal yourself. Don't worry about him wanting to get back together, an even better person may come along. In the end though right now we just want that one person. I know how it feels.

• From a relationship coaches perspective, not only do I agree with you that it's too early to 'just be friends', this considering that fact that you're not over him fully BUT I could also see you two inching closer together to an "in between" relationship out of comfort and convenience--but unfortunately one that will delay the inevitable and prevent either of from fully healing and moving on.

• I see all these posts about EXes... Why does my ex not like me? This and that about an ex... should we get back together...

An EX means.. in the past. In my life, after any break up, an EX is out of my mind. I move on almost immediately and never think of, try to contact, check up on, etc...

Breakups happen for a reason...

I'm not talking about someone who moved away... I'm talking about relationships that ended due to cheating, abuse, incompatibility and such...

Who CARES about an EX? Who cares about what an EX thinks of them?

Then "breaks"... what's that all about? all this is is an admission you can't commit in a relationship. Taking a vacation from a relationship isn't going to fly.

ALSO... getting back together after a breakup.. or chasing someone to get back together... sorry folks, the same issues are gonna be there.

This "closure" What's that about? No such thing... So what? It's over.. there is your closure.

Move on... where you found one guy/gal, there will always be more.

What Girls Said 0