Ex boyfriend who broke up with me still wants to be with me?

I broke up with my boyfriend (23) 3 days ago, so it's still very fresh. The relationship lasted for 1,5 years and last months we argued a lot over the silliest things, so I could see it coming someday but I still had the hope. So he finally broke up with me saying that he's not ready for relationship (crazy, I know) because he sees that I love him much more than he does. Like I said, I still had the hope that he wants to fix things but he was certain about it and the break up actually lasted 2 days. On the first day we met up at his place and because I couldn't stop crying he said he will be taking care of me for the night and we slept in the same bed (just holding each other, nothing else). Next morning I even asked if he wants to be friends with benefits because I don't want to lose him, but he instantly said no to this and said that we can't be together and he doesn't feel the spark anymore. But he agreed to stay friends and be always there for each other. So as I was so brokenhearted I asked him if he would let me spend the last night there, because I just wanted to remember the feeling and break up on a good note. He let me do it and he hugged and cuddled me all night and I was actually feeling more loved than ever before with him. I also heard him cry. In the morning he drove me home and he held my hand all this time and before leaving he said that I'm so dear to him and hugged me and I could see him tearing up. Now a few hours latel he still texts me, asks me how I'm doing and he just invited me to cinema on Sunday? Why is he doing this when he was the one who wanted to break up with me?

What Guys Said 2

• Who knows why people do anything. Crazy emotions have us feeling and doing the craziest things. Usually when I break up with someone I want nothing to do with them, I don't let them stay the night and I can care less if we are friends. Seems he wants to still have you but be free from the label of gf/bf.

• I see all these posts about EXes... Why does my ex not like me? This and that about an ex... should we get back together...

An EX means.. in the past. In my life, after any break up, an EX is out of my mind. I move on almost immediately and never think of, try to contact, check up on, etc...

Breakups happen for a reason...

I'm not talking about someone who moved away... I'm talking about relationships that ended due to cheating, abuse, incompatibility and such...

Who CARES about an EX? Who cares about what an EX thinks of them?

Then "breaks"... what's that all about? all this is is an admission you can't commit in a relationship. Taking a vacation from a relationship isn't going to fly.

ALSO... getting back together after a breakup.. or chasing someone to get back together... sorry folks, the same issues are gonna be there.

This "closure" What's that about? No such thing... So what? It's over.. there is your closure.

Move on... where you found one guy/gal, there will always be more.

What Girls Said 0