How do I get over a break up?

Was in a relationship for 8 years. I have never been through a break up so I don't know how to deal with this. I am sad but I'm trying to be positive, it's just right now it feels like I ain't moving forward at all. Feeling crap!

Most Helpful Guy

• There is no real solution to get over a break up. 8 years is a long time. You want to move forward so thats a big step in the right direction.

Love is like a drug. You are feeling crappy cus you are sober. If you can get a puppy dog or a cat, that would keep you busy. Keep helping random people (that works wonders)

In the coarse of time, you will come out of it. Stay strong

• I agree with you when you say it's like a drug. A big part of my life was spent with this guy. Since I was a teen until now a grown women. I honestly just feel lost at this moment and I know it only takes time but the time is going slow!

• Thank you

• Let me know when you get a puppy ;) You are welcome :)

Most Helpful Girl

• 8 years is a very long relationship I know it must be hard. My last relationship which was my first was about 5 years and it was difficult but I managed to get through it. Break ups aren't easy but you don't have to suffer from them alone. It is best to keep yourself busy and find a new hobby or something you enjoy doing. Delete the person from all social media and there number as well. Surround yourself with your closest friends and family. When my ex and I broke up I felt numb and could barely walk felt as though I had a broken leg. But I still managed to keep my head held high and just focus on myself. Time heals all wounds and my apologizes for your break up. I know it's hard right now but it'll get better.

What Guys Said 2

• not sure if its really relevant but have seen some girls go out with friends and eat some kind of comfort food and talk trash about the guy they broke up with then have a good time all night laughing at each others bad relationships.

• I see all these posts about EXes... Why does my ex not like me? This and that about an ex... should we get back together...

An EX means.. in the past. In my life, after any break up, an EX is out of my mind. I move on almost immediately and never think of, try to contact, check up on, etc...

Breakups happen for a reason...

I'm not talking about someone who moved away... I'm talking about relationships that ended due to cheating, abuse, incompatibility and such...

Who CARES about an EX? Who cares about what an EX thinks of them?

Then "breaks"... what's that all about? all this is is an admission you can't commit in a relationship. Taking a vacation from a relationship isn't going to fly.

ALSO... getting back together after a breakup.. or chasing someone to get back together... sorry folks, the same issues are gonna be there.

This "closure" What's that about? No such thing... So what? It's over.. there is your closure.

Move on... where you found one guy/gal, there will always be more.

Your ex is just one in a line of exes you will have in your life. Get used to it.

What Girls Said 1

• Sorry to hear about your break up! 8 years is a long time so it will probably take a while for you to feel 100% again. I found that allowing myself to cry when I needed to and spending time with my family and friends helped me so much through my break up. I went out and got my hair done too to make myself feel better, that really helped. The rest just takes time I'm afraid. Unfortunately there's no magic cure (even though I wish there was because the pain is so horrible) but just hang in there and keep yourself occupied because the pain won't be there forever. Good luck!

• Ahh I feel like shit! I don't feel like going out or doing anything right now. I can't even cry , I have tried but it just isn't happening. I do wish I could let these feelings out but I feel empty inside.

• That's okay, it's normal. I cried so much during my break up that I just felt numb by the end of every day. That was the only time I was able to go up and speak with my friends and family because I knew I had cried as much as I could for the day. It will get better though. As soon as you can, do try and spend time with friends though, it really does help.

• Thank you!