What should I do? I really need your help?

So... as some of you know, my boyfriend recently dumped me. He did it because he thought I was miserable, and didn't love him anymore. (I wasn't. It's just cuz of school. Schools been taking up all my time and I have time for nobody). That fuckin sucked. But I mean, it opened my eyes to our relationship. We had a bumpy start that kind of shifted everything around unpleasantly, and we both put too much thought into everything... so there's just so much tension since we're both overthinkers. But I love and adore him. I thought I couldn't ever truly love someone, but I'm completely and irretrievably in love with him. I can't see myself being with anyone else rn. We have so many good memories together..

He recently texted me saying he wants me back, but after we talked about how much work we had to put into the relationship, I guess it's completely over. He said he's moving on, but I still want to be with him. I'm just so fucking hurt and don't know what to do. I've never had to deal with anything like this before. I'm lost. I'm so confused cuz I want him back, but the things he said during our breakup really stuck with me. Should I try and get him back for good again, or move on?

• Go get him girl!
    30%(3)19%(7)Vote15%(4)
  • I think you should move on.
    70%(7)81%(30)Vote85%(23)

Most Helpful Guy

• u r a beautiful person n when I say beautiful I mean u hv an awesome personality, u train for race events n maintain a good score at school and if ur ex can leave u for something like putting in efforts which every relationship needs then I think u should leave him n focus ur energy elsewhere! u deserve better! heartaches are normal at your age if they did not start from your left arm and worked its way to your chest coz if that happens u might have a cardiac arrest! happy if it helped ! 😊

Most Helpful Girl

• He is moving on and I think you should as well. Getting into a relationship is like applying for a job, do not apply if you are not ready to put in the work. One person cannot do all the work in a relationship. A relationship requires two people putting in the same amount of effort. Don't pour all of your heart into a relationship if your partner is not going to do the same. If I were in shoes and I have been before I would take the time to just focus on myself and reinvent myself. Find a new hobby that you enjoy or something that you have always wanted to do. Focus on your studies right now and don't side tracked. Surround yourself with positive people and friends and family. Just keep yourself busy and focus on what is in front of you. Focus on the present and not the past.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 18

• Life and people are sometimes messy and complicated. Having said that it is sometimes better to take a step back... start concentrating on what is important (school) and let everything else work it self out. I had 2 friends that went to MED school. One went and had a girlfriend the entire time. The other went and said I am not dating until this important part of my life is completed. Guess which one is now a doctor? The one who concentrated on becoming one. Whats important in your life? When you know that you will then know what to do.

• Move on hun! You're young, busy with school, and training. Focus on yourself for once!😊

What your going through now everyone goes through at the end of a breakup. We all think there is no one else like him/her and what you all said in your first paragraph. You'll meet plenty of other guys. You're 19 you have your whole adult life ahead of you. Who knows where you'll even be in a year. You may want to transfer to a different school, study overseas, whatever!

• We've all been here and it is painful. Love is great and it sucks for this reason. Most of the time people in your situation will try to make it work a couple of more times before accepting that it is best to move on. Why do I say this? Its because the catalyst for him breaking up with you probably won't change. Your school work won't lighten up til summer and you will continue working out because its important to you. He'll keep objecting and it will continue to be a problem. There is nothing Wrong with trying to make it work even if it fails in the long run. I'm sorry Red. I really feel you :(

• Meh, move on. Otherwise this will just happen again later. Usually I never see them again when I split, for many reasons but the main one being seeing them just gets on my nerves (like pulling scab off a wound) and getting over them never happens or is much slower. It sounds like you don't have time for a relationship anyway. Healthy nondisfunctional/nontoxic ones take up a lot of time, why I've just stayed single (that doesn't necessarily mean celibate, the primal needs still get taken care of) for the past few decades.

• He's moving on, and you should too.
    You shouldn't waste your time in someone who doesn't wanna put any effort on you.

• Honestly I understand how hurt you maybe. But if he is into like u are for him, he should understand and know the situation and if he feels this relationship is worth the fight and sacrifice the. He would of said babe I understand just don't forget about me and I'll support you since your focusing on your future which technically would be both of your guys future but if he takes the easy way out then move on. It's going to hurt but find someone who will be with you during the struggles and good times and not be selfish in a relationship sweetie. On the flip side you gotta understand when u find someone that's willing to do this you need to do whatever it takes to spend time with your partner. Hope it works out for you

• you def should move on and let go. letting go is always very hard. if he's not willing to work, then you can't do anything to make it work. its best that you move on. it will be very hard and tough, but you have to do it

• I would argue that with a lot of relationships, there are are problems that don't really go away.

If he wasn't willing to listen and understand you when you said you were busy with school then there's something wrong there.

You've got to ask yourself whether you having someone like that in the long run is actually good for you, especially when you say you had a bumpy start with him - definitely not a good sign of things to come were you to get back together with him.

• Move on. Because time is not right you can give him try later or maybe after few months

• I think you should move on.

• It is completely up to you.
    Whatever you do search your feelings and do what you feel is right.

• you'll end up crying better leave him for good

• If he said he's moving on I would move on too. I'm sorry about all this. :(

• Move on in life

• "He recently texted me saying he wants me back, but after we talked about how much work we had to put into the relationship, I guess it's completely over. He said he's moving on..."

... and how is this not completely resolved then?

• I wish I could encourage you, but chasing after someone who has made it known they don't want to be with you always leads to hurt.

• I guess you're right. Thanks man :)

• If he really has moved on then you are wasting your time and energy.
    Your best to find a way to do the same.

• its all up to you. what do you think? if you love him really bad, I'd say go for him

• Move on your 19 happens all the time

What Girls Said 2

• I'd you still have feelings then go for him if not just move on.

• just move on