My boyfriend is using Xanax and now wants nothing to do with me. What do I do?

My boyfriend and I have been together for five years now. We were always so happy together and we're just so comfortable around each other. I mean, that's what being with someone for that long does. Anyway, in the past month or two, he was prescribed to Xanax. I know he's used before this, but it was never an issue. Using this drug is an issue regardless but it's just become out of hand. About three weeks ago, he told me he didn't want to be with me anymore. I know that's so untrue regarding how attached he's always been. Then about a week later after that happened, he came back and apologized. We were okay, and then just three days ago, he texted me, "we're done." I've tried to see him and he won't. He blocked my number, blocked me on Snapchat, and just act like I don't exist now. It's just so out of nowhere that I don't understand how someone could apparently lose love for you in a matter of two days. Is it the Xanax that's making him this way? What do I do? Anymore, I just feel so hopeless. I can't help but blow up his phone, and I know that's annoying but I can't help but worry. I just need him back. Help😕

05

Most Helpful Guy

• Xannax in addition to being habit forming can also cause many side effects. Another possibility is that he was misdiagnosed. People who take Xannax without the conditions its approved to treat react extremely negatively. Either way it sounds like you need to get him off the drug ASAP. Talk to his family and friends about it, see if you can get a kind of intervention, it sounds like he needs it.

If it is for Anxiety, get him to see a Cognitive Behavioral Therapist (CBT), a Psychologist, not a social worker. Social workers just pawn patients off on Psychiatrists. A CBT Psychologist can help, and its drug free.

• I know he is selling as well. And I know he takes more than what is prescribed to him because he runs out of the prescription so quickly. He will sometimes tell me he's sorry and that he needs to stop using Xanax because he knows ya destroying him. But then the next morning he wakes up, that mood is gone.

• An intervention, he sounds like an addict.

• Followed by rehab and cbt

What Guys Said 4

• look drug addiction is a horrible horrible thing. yes i agree with aman 1997 go to his talk to him see whats up cause you will do a lot of hurt to yourself if you regret nor knowing of doing anything

• just go to his place and talk with him once. I've seen a couple of relationships destroyed in a matter of minutes without any reason. and xanax sometimes plays with the brain but the effect fades off in a short period of time.

• I've gone to his house to see him, trying to talk some sense into him, but he won't even come to the door. He just stays in his room and says, "I'm not coming so you just better leave."

• Hopefully that works.

• i hope that it does blondie :)

• maybe speak to his family? send them some information about how terrible that drug is. There are news stories on youtube.

• Unfortunately, his mom is addicted to prescription pills, and has been for a long time. She was the one who got him to get prescribed. His grand parents are mainly the only head straight adults in his life. But they are in Mexico for the season and aren't able to help. I've tried reaching out to them before, and noting happened.

• damn that sucks.
      maybe time to find someone better.

• Craving troubled people has always meant craving troubles.

What Girls Said 0