The people you end up ignoring after breaking up are the ones that you actually loved the most?

I just heard this from a female friend.
I wouldn't take it as general rule especially coming from her. :)

But it stuck with me because there was this girl in my life and I loved her like no other so far.
Yet after it fell apart, I couldn't pretend to be friends, it hurt to stand around her and though we would say hi to each other we haven't talked ever since, simply walked past one another.
She even turned her back on me several times, like there was some frustrations there.

So do you think that people you end up acting like you don't know or ignore after you break up are the ones you loved the most?

112

Most Helpful Girl

• whaaaat? Total opposite for me.
    If I love you a lot, I'm going to have a hard time shutting up post-breakup. Usualy because I want, more than anything, to resolve things. Not so much to get closure, but just to talk it out and come to a resolution so that I don't have to let go. (That's just based on what has occurred, or started to, when I so much as thought about possibly breaking up with my current boyfriend.)

With my ex, the breakup itself was pretty easy. I had, at one point, 'loved' him what seemed like a lot. After he cheated on me, though, breaking up with him was more of a relief than anything else.

Most Helpful Guy

• Sometimes that can be true... but sometimes not. Because people can ignore their exes for a lot of reasons. One reason can be the complete opposite of what you're saying

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 10

• This is absolutely true. Honestly, any time I have a MAJOR problem in my life I tend to shy away from talking to my friends and family. For one, no one likes Debbie Downer and I have no desire to spred my sadness. I also always crave a little isolation to gain perspective and lick my wounds. It is just what I do. This means that I can be somewhat Social around relative strangers, but I avoid those I love like the plague. The good news is that this usually does not last more than a few weeks and then Indeek ready to face the world again.

• Not in my case, because after a relationship ends my feelings fade over time. I don't hold onto the past

• not necessarily

• True.
    I had the same problem. Both case are because long distance relationship.
    My ex ex I can be friend with him after breaking up because honestly I had no any feeling with him, the feeling was dead during the relationship.
    My ex, the current one I just broke up. I can't stay friend with him, thinking about him hang out or move on without me killing me.
    --> our problem is we hardly forget one person who we hoped that it could work, we dreamed and put a lot of effort into that relationship, it will be the hardest one
    But well, think about they didn't want to be with you, they didn't want to try so it means it was gone, why bother to think nicely about it and stop us to move on to someone is much worthy?

• That or someone we really want to forget

• yeah... that's partially true

• I think they got hurt, disappointed

• It's half and half it all depends on the situation!

• I'd say it's the ones you may still have feelings for

• I totally agree. I lost love of my life because of distance. We kept in contact here and there. Actually him a tad more. But I couldn't do it anymore and yes I'm still very much in love with him. Keeping in contact here and there made me miss him more.

What Guys Said 1