Why isn't he texting back?

I asked this guy I just met for his number over Facebook because I was going away camping and it would be easier to text. We texted back and forth a couple of times then I turned my phone off at 3 30 to save it for the night. I turned it back on at 9 30 pm to find out that he texted me sometime during that 6 hour period. It was a question. I answered the question, and two minutes later, sent another text that apologized for responding so late. I never got a text back. I texted him the following days just saying 'what's up?' and he never answered that either. When my friend texted him the NEXT day, he answered back. He was grounded during the weekend, but I do not think his mom took the phone away since he was texting me while he was with her, and since he texted my guy friend back. So, what's up? I don't want to text again, because that will seem annoying? Help?

Oh by the way, I am seeing him Friday, and I'm wondering if I should talk to him about it.

He is really not a jerk at all, he is super nice and super sweet, but I'm not even sure if he likes me.. I hope so..

Most Helpful Guy

• If I were you, I wouldn't text him again, would wait until Friday and then talk to him, be cool and make a joke about him not answering your texts, you'll have to be very smart to read his reaction to your joke. But don't freak out, maybe he didn't receive them or maybe he didn't answer your friend's text either and he/she didn't tell you the truth...