Is this normal after a breakup?

My emotions keep fluctuating. One minute, I'm feeling really down and beating myself up over it, and the next, I'm happy, upbeat, and feeling like I can move on without her. And then, I just slip back down again.

I'm also always wanting to reach out to her, but every time I do, I feel like I'm pushing her away. Not being able to talk to her really hurts, but reaching out to her is just as bad since she just shrugs me off.

Can anyone relate to this feeling?

23

Most Helpful Girl

• I literally feel the exact same way. One day or even minute I'm doing great even thinking of my ex with someone else doesn't kill me BUT then at any moment I feel like shit again I miss him terribly and the thought of him with someone else makes me sick. Reaching out only makes him pull away even more. Sucks...

Most Helpful Guy

• There's this game for Android called Plague Inc. where the objective is to create a virus that infects and kills the entire human race. Why am I saying this? Well each time you create a virus you can name it... it's hilarious to see an ex name trying to exterminate us all... 😂 try it

What Girls Said 1

• I think so - because the emotions you have from the relationship have struck you not only at a conscious level but also at an unconscious and subconscious level - and those hidden emotions take time to reach the surface.

What Guys Said 2

• Yes man I'm actually going through the same exact thing you're going through what I have figured out is that you just need to keep distracted man and time will heal wounds

• It's... highly normal.

Don't make her feel pushed or pursued or begged, it's the most damaging attitude to your chances of getting her back.

Wait 2 or 3 months at least. Maybe she'll contact you. If she doesn't, you can say a simple "hi how are you" and tell her you have a new orderly, good life in a relaxed tone.
    This maximizes the chances to get her back.