Should I walk home alone?

My friend/former boyfriend still parks at my house since I live so close to campus and he didn't remember to buy a parking spot. I walk home and we used to do it together but since we've broken up we've been avoiding each other to the point that we may as well not exist to each other. Should I wait and walk home with him anyways or go by myself and let him take the same route alone as well?

He actually left before me today but before he left he looked around like he was trying to spot me. This is a really awkward situation in my opinion.

Most Helpful Guy

• He may be your ex but still he is your friend. So you will have to give him the respect of being a friend till he remains your friend. So still you can come in the car with him as usual.

Most Helpful Girl

• I had an equally awkward situation, I broke up with my ex but we were living in the same 5 person dorm in college, we shared a living room and kitchen and bathroom, I couldn't not run into him afterwards. It was awkward at first, but after some time we got used to it and became friends again. I've since taken trips with him and some other friends and it didn't feel awkward at all. I think if you're friends, then walking back should be fine. It might feel a tad awkward in the beginning, but I think as long as you keep the conversation to neutral topics, don't stand too close or hold hands or borrow his jacket or anything, then it's fine.

What Guys Said 1

• Tell him you don't want to see him anymore and he's not allowed to park at your house anymore

• Everyone encouraged me to let him because the breakup was ambiguously executed. I'd still have to walk with him or without him today either way though

What Girls Said 1

• We if your friends then why not walk together

• We're still kind of fresh from the breakup so I'm trying to avoid sending mixed messages

• Well in that case just walk in your own first