Why does my ex still want to sleep with me, when I told him I'm moving on?

We broke up 11 months ago now, but have seen each other about 4 times since. We did sleep together, which was a bad idea. He still wants to hold my hand and cuddle and kiss me on my forehead, like you would in a couple, but he doesn't want a relationship, I don't think. He's a bit of a loner and said he hasn't even been looking for anyone else. He says he is getting older though (33), but doesn't put effort into a relationship.

At the end of December I told him that I want to move forward, but he has contacted me since. The last time he said I look nice in my picture. We haven't seen each other in over 3 months now because I'm not seeing him. He wanted to go for a drink over Christmas, but clearly he doesn't love me or he would be with me, so why does he want to be intimate with me and cuddle all night? He got really upset when I started talking about some guy at work (who's a friend), but never says he wants me back. If sex is all he wants just go out and take some girl home then instead of going back to me. I told him where I stand 3 months ago.

35

Most Helpful Guy

• He is comfortable with you since you have been in a relationship with him already so it's easier asking you then a random stranger.

Most Helpful Girl

• because he feels comfortable with you plus he doesn't even need to try. just block him so he won't bother you anymore

What Guys Said 4

• He wants to sleep with you, and lots of other people I imagine. You're an option so he tries it.

• I don't know just because I can't stand you most days does not mean I don't love you when I see you kinda thing?

• what's hard to get has more value.

• We already had a relationship, so he already "got" me. Why not move on with some random girl, if he doesn't want commitments. He says he has some silly soft spot for me, which is rubbish. Why go back to me? Find a girl who wants the same thing.

• you could say to him that he can have a soft spot as a friend

What Girls Said 2

• Because he feels comfortable with you and comfortable with your presence

• Why wouldn't he want free sex?

• Yeah, but he can get free sex from someone else. I told him what I think, and we haven't seen each other in over 3 months because I won't meet him. He can find a girl who he doesn't have history with.