Should I be hurt that my ex hasn't made contact?

My ex broke up with me several weeks ago and even though I didn't want to break-up and feel hurt and confused, it wasn't a "bad" break-up. I feel hurt that he hasn't contacted me to see how I'm dealing with the break-up, to show that even if he didn't feel I was the one, that he cared about me as person because we spent a year of our lives together.

He has contacted me a couple of times, but only to relay info about the v-ball team we are still on together. He has kept texts purely about "business" and hasn't mentioned the breakup or asked any personal questions.

Ultimately I know it doesn't matter, I just think it would make it easier for me to deal with the break-up if I felt that he cared that I am hurting. Is this an unrealistic expectation? Should I contact him and tell him that I feel hurt that he hasn't contacted me on a more personal level?

Most Helpful Girl

• Trihill is right, it is difficult to separate friendship and love if it's in one person. When my ex broke up with me he said that he considers me his bestfriend. I accepted the breakup and tried to fulfill a promise to be always friends with him but it felt like he's not even treating me like a friend. It hurts to be downgraded to just be friends especially in the beginning of a break up so try to stay away from him. Don't expect him to give you special treatment, even treatment that he normally gives his friends.